Game Awards Game of the Year nominees

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Good choices. Ill make a thread next month where everyone can post their lists.

I dunno, I feel like most people haven't played the top 5 games on my list. Granted, only Triangle Strategy got the praises it deserves. The rest are brutally underrated.

Expeditions got so much shit because the general battle with the legions are boring but that's just a small part of the game and you can even skip them. Nothing else bad to say but here's a 7/10.

Postal Brain Damaged is DOOM Eternal with better levels, faster gameplay and better controls/core gameplay feel. 6/10.

Soul Hackers, OMG Atlus cum on me, I know these guys, I loved Persona 5!!! 8/10! DioWhat now? 3/10.

Hell Pie is probably the best non-Nintendo platformer in the past 15 years or so. No big deal. 6/10.

But yeah, sorry I'm a little pissed, good idea. Looking forward to a SW GOTY thread.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game Of The Year: - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Elden Ring - God of War Ragnarok - Horizon Forbidden West - Stray - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Best Direction: - Elden Ring - God of War R

Zero Xbox games?   But the Forza hot wheels expansion 

Awesome to see Plague Tale nominated. It won’t win but this is still a significant achievement

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I dunno, I feel like most people haven't played the top 5 games on my list. Granted, only Triangle Strategy got the praises it deserves. The rest are brutally underrated.

Expeditions got so much shit because the general battle with the legions are boring but that's just a small part of the game and you can even skip them. Nothing else bad to say but here's a 7/10.

Postal Brain Damaged is DOOM Eternal with better levels, faster gameplay and better controls/core gameplay feel. 6/10.

Soul Hackers, OMG Atlus cum on me, I know these guys, I loved Persona 5!!! 8/10! DioWhat now? 3/10.

Hell Pie is probably the best non-Nintendo platformer in the past 15 years or so. No big deal. 6/10.

But yeah, sorry I'm a little pissed, good idea. Looking forward to a SW GOTY thread.

I wanted to try Expeditions Rome but I remember looking at some screens and seeing that the movement was hex based, and that immediately put me off. I just can't remember the last time I played a hex based game I enjoyed.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I wanted to try Expeditions Rome but I remember looking at some screens and seeing that the movement was hex based, and that immediately put me off. I just can't remember the last time I played a hex based game I enjoyed.

I must say, that's a weird predisposition to have.

The movement in that game is incredible, most characters can act and move multiple times during their turn, the game emphasize building momentum, most class regain actions points for killing with specific skills. 

Positioning is super important, because characters with shield can totally deflect anything in the front. You can basically cut access to the enemies by blocking paths, then having ranged or spear class to attack from a safe distance. 

I never had any issue with movement or positioning in that game because it's hex based. Elevation is not a factor like in Triangle Strategy and I found the movement rules far more generous despite the more complex environment. (There are often blockades you have to destroy, or sometimes small narrow paths that can get blocked but it makes sense within the gameplay and is not frustrating)

The Veles class end skill in the skill tree basically allows infinite movement range once. You could basically make him cross the entire map in one move and still have enough points to fight. It's quite different in that regard compared to the classic Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics gameplay style of JRPGs where characters can only move so far in one turn, or do much at all actually. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I must say, that's a weird predisposition to have.

The movement in that game is incredible, most characters can act and move multiple times during their turn, the game emphasize building momentum, most class regain actions points for killing with specific skills. 

Positioning is super important, because characters with shield can totally deflect anything in the front. You can basically cut access to the enemies by blocking paths, then having ranged or spear class to attack from a safe distance. 

I never had any issue with movement or positioning in that game because it's hex based. Elevation is not a factor like in Triangle Strategy and I found the movement rules far more generous despite the more complex environment. (There are often blockades you have to destroy, or sometimes small narrow paths that can get blocked but it makes sense within the gameplay and is not frustrating)

The Veles class end skill in the skill tree basically allows infinite movement range once. You could basically make him cross the entire map in one move and still have enough points to fight. It's quite different in that regard compared to the classic Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics gameplay style of JRPGs where characters can only move so far in one turn, or do much at all actually. 

I just watched the IGN review. It seems that there's A LOT to the game's mechanics, maybe too much for me. The whole legion battle aspect in particular seems to a big part and I don't think I would get any enjoyment out of that.