When did people just stop giving a fuck about themselves? 73% of adults in US are overweight/obese

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-sees-significant-increase-obese-203500937.html

Part of me wants to say that shit can’t be right but then all I have to do is go outside and look at the amount of slobs I see on a daily basis. I remember reading a number a while back that said the average woman today weighs around the same as the average man in the 50s :|

These people all need to get off their fat asses and hire GD or someone as their fitness trainer 

• aitch 1

The average Amerifat diet and modern mentality is complete shit. They eat cheap processed garbage high in calories and full of bad carbs which spikes insulin levels for long hours, keeping you hungry and making you want to eat the same crap again.

Combine that with a degenerate culture that promotes gluttony and consumption and wants to reward everyone for having no accountability or drive and you get a nation of obese fucks who honestly deserve it.

If you can't even control what goes in your mouth or are too lazy to learn how to cook without deep frying everything what more needs to be said.

• Upvote 1

-Plain and simple gluttony

-Lack of self respect

-Laziness

-More people are depressed these days

-Healthier food is generally more expensive

-Insane amounts of sugar in everything

-More easily accessible screens (kids all have phones at a very young age.. addicted to apps)

46 minutes ago, ghostz said:

That’s insane. I don’t know how much I believe it, but I guess I live in the north.. there’s no way I think 7/10 people I know are fat….

tho if this is going by bmi anyone who works out regularly is likely “overweight”

Bmi is horseshit. If it were the body fat index sure. 

yeah i dunno how these people do it. i fluctuated a bit during covid. went from my usual ~185 to about 200 at my peak. 6'2 so that still puts me only about 10 pounds overweight but i could already feel how much slower i'd become. roughly counted some calories and got some more exercise for the next couple months and kicked it pretty easy though, 190 now, gonna aim to get to 180 and then slowly bulk back to 185ish. im pretty excited because right now im aiming for ~1600 calories a day, and my maintenance calories when I do get to 185 will be like 5-600 above that lol. I already have my macros covered within the 1600 so I can basically just throw on some empty calories and enjoy the rest. if im out with the boys or have a birthday/wedding to go to I just eat whatever I want though, those are infrequent enough that they don't throw me off too much. ive gotten out of the habit of having cheat days when im just sitting at home though, no need to order food on a friday just cause it's a friday. it's also made grocery shopping a lot easier and cheaper too, i don't waste nearly as much food cause I know exactly what im going to eat every day. i also stopped keeping snacks around, if i buy chips or something ill just eat them all at once so it's easier to restrain myself in the store than at home. my gf can buy a bag of chips and make it last two weeks, i don't understand it.

one thing that helped me was just weighing stuff out when I could and overestimating calories where i couldn't. butter/oils definitely add up if you're not keeping track of those, cutting out the random unnecessary beers helped too, i'd gotten in the habit of enjoying one or two at night and those empty calories really add up.

• Upvote 1

In defense of all the fatties, it IS extremely difficult though to change when you don't know any better.

Eating all that processed garbage and sugary drinks that's highly addictive from an early age is a bad habit that is normal to them, they don't know any better.

It makes you lazy and tired all the time, which won't make you want to work out and it will be extra hard to get into it.

Which in turn won't allow you to build character and confidence to easily change and put the fork down.

It's vicious cycle thats why we need bullying and a society that frowns upon being a lard ass instead of idealizing it like America does kill all fatties thow them in a grinder feed the pigs sell for mass profit  

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, bhytre said:

In defense of all the fatties, it IS extremely difficult though to change when you don't know any better.

Eating all that processed garbage and sugary drinks that's highly addictive from an early age is a bad habit that is normal to them, they don't know any better.

It makes you lazy and tired all the time, which won't make you want to work out and it will be extra hard to get into it.

Which in turn won't allow you to build character and confidence to easily change and put the fork down.

It's vicious cycle thats why we need bullying and a society that frowns upon being a lard ass instead of idealizing it like America does kill all fatties thow them in a grinder feed the pigs sell for mass profit  

yeah a lot of it starts with shitty parenting tbh. i mean it's more nuanced than that, we're now in a society where you basically need dual incomes to raise kids, this obviously results in far less home made meals and far more quick, processed garbage.

not shocking that this is happening in the country where convenience is king and wage disparity is at a modern time high + shitty benefits, mat leave, etc.

Edited by Casual