When did people just stop giving a fuck about themselves? 73% of adults in US are overweight/obese

I'm in the US and overweight. I used to weigh 140 two years ago, now I'm over 240. (I'm 5'9"). I have a gym subscription at planet fitness and only went once and I lasted 10 minutes. I can't put on socks without a struggle, and I'm well aware the food I eat is junk food but they've been a substitute over quitting drugs and almost quitting cigarettes (I just smoke less now). 

I don't know what I'm waiting for to go to the gym and eat healthy but I'm open to it.

• Like 1
On 2022-11-17 at 10:26 PM, z,warrior said:

I'm in the US and overweight. I used to weigh 140 two years ago, now I'm over 240. (I'm 5'9"). I have a gym subscription at planet fitness and only went once and I lasted 10 minutes. I can't put on socks without a struggle, and I'm well aware the food I eat is junk food but they've been a substitute over quitting drugs and almost quitting cigarettes (I just smoke less now). 

I don't know what I'm waiting for to go to the gym and eat healthy but I'm open to it.

Shoulda stayed on the ice.

Started to cook everything homemade as of late. Not only is everything cheaper, it's also healthier since I would never use as much sugar/salt/fat or put weird chemical agents in my food like the shit you find at the supermarket. 

This week I baked some cookies, made some pancakes, some pizza dough, deep fried chicken. Everything was homemade except for some pastas I used for a macaroni salad.

I'm also thinking of starting to do my own soda, soft drink have replaced drinking beer for me but man, is that a lot of sugar. I could make healthier alternatives at home. Sprite is apparently really easy to replicate and with only half the sugar. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Started to cook everything homemade as of late. Not only is everything cheaper, it's also healthier since I would never use as much sugar/salt/fat or put weird chemical agents in my food like the shit you find at the supermarket. 

This week I baked some cookies, made some pancakes, some pizza dough, deep fried chicken. Everything was homemade except for some pastas I used for a macaroni salad.

I'm also thinking of starting to do my own soda, soft drink have replaced drinking beer for me but man, is that a lot of sugar. I could make healthier alternatives at home. Sprite is apparently really easy to replicate and with only half the sugar. 

Get an air fryer and use it for chicken or other food you would normally deep fry. Way healthier and the foods will still have a similar taste/texture.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Get an air fryer and use it for chicken or other food you would normally deep fry. Way healthier and the foods will still have a similar taste/texture.

For deep fried chicken? I doubt it would taste the exact same. 

I asked for a waffle maker for Christmas. Lmao. Gonna make some belgian style waffles and keep them frozen for quick and easy breakfasts.

Dunno, I'm in a baker mood as of late. I'm gonna make a Boston style cake, muffins and some fluffy white homemade bread sometime soon. Very basic stuff but cheap and delicious. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

For deep fried chicken? I doubt it would taste the exact same. 

I asked for a waffle maker for Christmas. Lmao. Gonna make some belgian style waffles and keep them frozen for quick and easy breakfasts.

Dunno, I'm in a baker mood as of late. I'm gonna make a Boston style cake, muffins and some fluffy white homemade bread sometime soon. Very basic stuff but cheap and delicious. 

It’s not exactly the same taste wise but it’s worth it given how much fat from the oil you’re cutting out. 

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s not exactly the same taste wise but it’s worth it given how much fat from the oil you’re cutting out. 

I rarely deep fry anything at home, tbh. Deep fried chicken was out of my comfort zone.

Usually, I make BBQ style chicken in the oven, not with a batter but with the typical flour, eggs, breadcrumbs/whatever powder used for flavoring. I usually cheat and slightly brush some vegetable oil on my chicken, it prevents the coating from burning and gives it a similar taste to deep fried. 

Or Chinese style honey and garlic marinade when I'm lazy as fuck and don't want to clean the mess that comes with coating chicken. 

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I rarely deep fry anything at home, tbh. Deep fried chicken was out of my comfort zone.

Usually, I make BBQ style chicken in the oven, not with a batter but with the typical flour, eggs, breadcrumbs/whatever powder used for flavoring. I usually cheat and slightly brush some vegetable oil on my chicken, it prevents the coating from burning and gives it a similar taste to deep fried. 

Or Chinese style honey and garlic marinade when I'm lazy as fuck and don't want to clean the mess that comes with coating chicken. 

That’s good too. You can also use get oil in spray can form. Convenient and will also save you from having to use more fat. 

I want to get better at making Asian style dishes. I think I’m gonna try to make orange chicken next.