VR gaming discussion thread.

Since VR gaming isn't all that popular and I often want to share stuff about VR, I'll just post whatever I want itt. You guys are welcome to do the same. PCVR, Quest, PSVR2. Anything VR is ok. 

This recently released game has awesome visuals. I know it's a kayak game but damn. 

Remind me of this demo. 

I got a few VR games in my backlog. Most notably Half Life 2 VR. Gonna get on that real soon.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Ramza   Looks like I’m getting PSVR 2 day one          

seeing this a while back made me want to try it:    

The graphics are picking up, that kayak game does look good :aitch:

I'd love to see a realistic diving game like Everblue on PS2, going through rusty shipwrecks would be terrifying. But then you'd have to make retarded swimming motions and it becomes gay like a Nintendo game, it's a big dilemma :] 

Another problem I have with VR games, especially on Playstation is that it automatically falls into softcore territory. No kayak game where the objective is to hit the other player and make him drown in a pool of white sharks or crocodiles. It's always some lame artsy shit made by nerds and following pussy guidelines. 

Move the on-screen wand to guide the little robbo-STFU :tom: Give us some manly games :dudebro:

Edited by bhytre
2 hours ago, bhytre said:

The graphics are picking up, that kayak game does look good :aitch:

I'd love to see a realistic diving game like Everblue on PS2, going through rusty shipwrecks would be terrifying. But then you'd have to make retarded swimming motions and it becomes gay like a Nintendo game, it's a big dilemma :] 

Another problem I have with VR games, especially on Playstation is that it automatically falls into softcore territory. No kayak game where the objective is to hit the other player and make him drown in a pool of white sharks or crocodiles. It's always some lame artsy shit made by nerds and following pussy guidelines. 

Move the on-screen wand to guide the little robbo-STFU :tom: Give us some manly games :dudebro:

• Upvote 1

Its a pretty troublesome state when the top previews are a kayak game, and then a nice looking game where the youtube guy says up front that the VR mechanics are pretty bad.

That Hard Bullet VR seems like it could be funny.

• dead 1
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its a pretty troublesome state when the top previews are a kayak game, and then a nice looking game where the youtube guy says up front that the VR mechanics are pretty bad.

They can't all be drunken bar fight... which is all you've played on your PSVR :tom:

• dead 1
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

I'm not trying to showcase PC VR with that OP. Just the kayak game which looks nice graphically. The other demo is pretty old and he's experiencing framerate issues, but it has similar water effects, so I was reminded of it. Don't think too much about those games like it meant something more. 

Hard Bullet is basically Max Payne VR. No idea about the campaign and content but the gameplay looks awesome.

5 hours ago, Remij said:

They can't all be drunken bar fight... which is all you've played on your PSVR :tom:

No, its all you have been able to gather from trying to stalk me because you are a bitter little bitch fakeboy.:drake:

its not like you have any other VR games to show off:lawl:since that PCVR market is dead.

Half-Life 2 VR mod that is on steam is amazing. This is a near perfect transition into VR, lot of control options. Realistic ladder climbing (turned it off lol), realistic reloading (turned it off lol), smooth movements, all the bells and whistles of a good VR game. You can see your ammo on the gun and your health on your left hand. Somehow, it feels like it was always meant for VR. Hell, just pickup the trash can and throwing it in the garbage during the intro makes so much more sense in VR. haha

Only things I don't like are how you have to manually pick up ammo/health packs by pointing at them and how movement direction is tied to where you are looking at (I hate that shit) or where you are pointing at, I usually turn that off entirely and rely only on the joysticks. I put the setting in the off hand so it's manageable but still shitty it can't be turned off. 

VR is phenomenal at reviving old games. Source engine, except for some low resolution textures, holds up pretty well here. I'd love to play Vampire The Masquerade in VR.  

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Did that dude run the Kayak game on his Quest 2 without using a PC? That seems really impressive.

Lol. He's connected to his PC via air link. 

Best looking game/graphics fidelity on Quest 2 in my experience was RE4. Let that sink in. 

40 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Best looking game/graphics fidelity on Quest 2 in my experience was RE4. Let that sink in. 

what about that game were you have robotic hands that can change into different forms that allows you to grab things, or swing  or do other things.

I forgot the name of it, they said it was running off of Quest 2, and that it was almost as good looking as a PC VR game.

But yeah, Quest 2 games look rough, all around.

51 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Damn I didn't realize it was that weak. What would happen if you tried to play a game like this without a PC connection? Would it just not load or would it scale down to a graphics preset with much worse graphics?

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn I didn't realize it was that weak. What would happen if you tried to play a game like this without a PC connection? Would it just not load or would it scale down to a graphics preset with much worse graphics?

i don't understand what you mean, exactly.

the game either has to be developed to run natively with the Quest 2 hardware, or its running off of the PC and the Quest 2 has linked with the PC, and you enter a mode in which you are viewing your PC's desktop and you open the game from there and it knows that its displaying on a VR screen.

40 minutes ago, jehurey said:

what about that game were you have robotic hands that can change into different forms that allows you to grab things, or swing  or do other things.

I forgot the name of it, they said it was running off of Quest 2, and that it was almost as good looking as a PC VR game.

But yeah, Quest 2 games look rough, all around.

No idea.

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well, it's hard to say but it wouldn't look like this. It's a mobile GPU in a portable headset that runs on a battery. 

There are some PC to Quest VR ports success story. Like I was really surprised to see After The Fall on Quest 2 is equal if not better than on PSVR and plays the same as the PC version, just looks worse. Or the fact that Into the Radius or TWD Saints and Sinners is playable at all on Quest 2 blows my mind, personally, even with all the obvious downgrades.

There are a few games on Quest 2, that with the right art style, looks really impressive for a portable system. But most games, while they run at good resolution/framerates have really basic looking graphics most of the time.

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1