God of War Ragnarok sold 5.1 million copies, fastest selling first party launch in PlayStation History.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony and Nintendo broke their first party sales milestones.....    Bbbut Sony and Nintendo will copy day 1 gamepass any day now I swearz it

If you've got gaming problems, I feel bad for you son They sold 5M copies and you ain't got one      

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, bhytre said:

PS4 :tom: 

:hest: Xbox

IMG_2966.JPG.1b9dc78342a7160818a2c76504c603b8.JPG

:freeman:This thread is strangely silent. Devoid of the usual clown lemshits that love to troll whenever a Sony exclusive is mentioned. Where are they? Someone do a wellness check on these lemshits. Where is @ghostz?

I haven’t seen his retarded ass in a while on this forum  :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, Remij said:

If you've got gaming problems, I feel bad for you son

They sold 5M copies and you ain't got one  

:tom: 

are you talking about lemmings?

because you just said "you ain't got one"

as in "you ain't got ONE game"

so.................you're describing lemmings.:tom:

Anyways, returning back to the concept of competent video game platforms that make exclusives that are having monster sales at launch:

Software for Nintendo Switch "Pokemon Scarlet Violet" world sales volume Sold over 10 million units in 3 days after release

Pokemon Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President: Tsunekazu Ishihara) and Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Minami-ku, Kyoto; President: Shuntaro Furukawa; hereinafter referred to as “Nintendo”) announced that November 18, 2022. We are pleased to announce that the worldwide cumulative sales of Nintendo Switch software "Pocket Monsters Scarlet Violet", which was released simultaneously on the same day, exceeded 10 million units (including domestic sales of 4.05 million units) in the first three days after its release. This is the highest number ever for global and domestic sales in the first three days after the release of software for all Nintendo game consoles, including Nintendo Switch *1 .

tenor.gif?itemid=27141730

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Sony and Nintendo broke their first party sales milestones..... 

Bbbut Sony and Nintendo will copy day 1 gamepass any day now I swearz it :awww:

Even funnier is when you discover that the person that has been trying to advocate for GamePass all of these years..........had actually cancelled their GamePass subscription over a year ago and didn't tell anybody on this forum, while they kept on fakeboying.

Take a wild guess.:ben:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Sony and Nintendo broke their first party sales milestones..... 

Bbbut Sony and Nintendo will copy day 1 gamepass any day now I swearz it :awww:

Microsoft is going to break its first party record of 6 copies and you're going to feel really silly.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Even funnier is when you discover that the person that has been trying to advocate for GamePass all of these years..........had actually cancelled their GamePass subscription over a year ago and didn't tell anybody on this forum, while they kept on fakeboying.

Take a wild guess.:ben:

Oh yea, I've been a huge advocate :drake: 

And LOL...  "he didn't tell anyone he cancelled it!" :drake: 

JFC Twerpy :lawl:

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I can near guarantee they won't even announce sales. You'll get some 'players', 'hours played', 'creatures killed', 'X item harvested', 'planets explored', type of bullshit image. 

At the very least we'll have some idea how it does on Steam.  It's going to be absolutely huge.  PC gamers go crazy for that shit, and Xbox console gamers are literally starving for a big title.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

At the very least we'll have some idea how it does on Steam.  It's going to be absolutely huge.  PC gamers go crazy for that shit, and Xbox console gamers are literally starving for a big title.

Yeah the Steam side of things make it a bit skewed to compare with past MS releases. Will be far more interesting to compare with past Bethesda Game Studios games. 

Seeing Nintendo and Sony both break their exclusive first party sales records is pretty crazy though, considering all the sub talk. Gamers still very much willing to buy full priced (more expensive than ever for Sony) games Day 1 even with GP and PS Extra. Sony strategy looking more right day by day. Breaking day 1 sales records, then get more revenue with PS Extra release a year or so later and then again full price release on PC a year or 2 later. It makes bank. MS killed their own market with their Day 1 Xbox, PC and GP strategy imo. GoW Ragnarok alone would've made more profit (PROFIT not revenue) than GP would in an entire year. Either way great for me, Get all MS and heaps of third party for sub value on Xbox then buy PS exclusives on PS