Sony doesn't expect PlayStation 6 before 2027, confidential document suggests

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you're still playing... well, shit, who knows.    

Same thing as cows, PS4 games

2019 confirmed 

Posted Images

Makes sense. In line with last gen for the most part and gives them time to put out their usual 6 revisions of the console. Generations ain't getting any shorter, especially since they barely start until two years after the hardware is released.

It's still in a better spot than last gen imo, PS4 felt dated the day it came out (hardware wise). For what it is, PS5 feels like much more value in terms of horsepower. Especially in the context of video cards costing what they do. I mean I rarely turn my PS5 on, but I knew that would be the case. If I play a few more exclusives through the lifespan it'll be justified.

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Makes sense. In line with last gen for the most part and gives them time to put out their usual 6 revisions of the console. Generations ain't getting any shorter, especially since they barely start until two years after the hardware is released.

It's still in a better spot than last gen imo, PS4 felt dated the day it came out (hardware wise). For what it is, PS5 feels like much more value in terms of horsepower. Especially in the context of video cards costing what they do. I mean I rarely turn my PS5 on, but I knew that would be the case. If I play a few more exclusives through the lifespan it'll be justified.

I feel like the jump from PS4 to PS5 is smaller than the jump from PS3 to PS4. 

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

I feel like the jump from PS4 to PS5 is smaller than the jump from PS3 to PS4. 

Eh I think both can be true though.

PS3 to PS4 was a pretty big jump but even out of the gate it was already being blown out of the water by PC in terms of performance and such - and this is at a time when PCs weren't quadruple the price of a PS4.

Contrast that to now - PS5 mostly holds its own against title on PC, performance wise, and for a fraction the cost of a good PC (my PS5 was like half the price of my video card for example).

56 minutes ago, Casual said:

Eh I think both can be true though.

PS3 to PS4 was a pretty big jump but even out of the gate it was already being blown out of the water by PC in terms of performance and such - and this is at a time when PCs weren't quadruple the price of a PS4.

Contrast that to now - PS5 mostly holds its own against title on PC, performance wise, and for a fraction the cost of a good PC (my PS5 was like half the price of my video card for example).

Except those are last gen games.  You already have titles like A Plague Tale Requiem running at 30 or sub 30fps at 1440p on PS5.

37 minutes ago, Remij said:

Except those are last gen games.  You already have titles like A Plague Tale Requiem running at 30 or sub 30fps at 1440p on PS5.

Haven't played Plague Tale but seems like a Plague Tale problem tbh. Demon's Souls, God of War, Ratchet all look and run great at respectable resolution/IQ.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Haven't played Plague Tale but seems like a Plague Tale problem tbh. Demon's Souls, God of War, Ratchet all look and run great at respectable resolution/IQ.

All last gen games that don't push the CPU at all.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

All last gen games that don't push the CPU at all.

All visually impressive games that don't look and perform out of place compared to PC games, which was an issue for PS4/X1 the day they dropped (both which had cross-gen too).

This gen is a massive improvement over last in terms of hardware not being immediately dwarfed by PCs.

2 hours ago, Casual said:

All visually impressive games that don't look and perform out of place compared to PC games, which was an issue for PS4/X1 the day they dropped (both which had cross-gen too).

This gen is a massive improvement over last in terms of hardware not being immediately dwarfed by PCs.

Ok that's great... all I'm saying is that's because this generation hasn't really started yet.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Ok that's great... all I'm saying is that's because this generation hasn't really started yet.

Okay? Last gen also didn't really start for a couple of years either, but the games made the hardware look dated regardless. Performance mode and the like wasn't even close to standard even in cross gen games. We were getting sub-900p junk that ran at sub-60.

this gens hardware is far more competent in almost every way. In terms for price/performance relative to the time it's not even close. PS4 and X1 were some of the most outdated pieces of console we've ever seen  when launched.

5 minutes ago, Casual said:

Okay? Last gen also didn't really start for a couple of years either, but the games made the hardware look dated regardless. Performance mode and the like wasn't even close to standard even in cross gen games. We were getting sub-900p junk that ran at sub-60.

this gens hardware is far more competent in almost every way. In terms for price/performance relative to the time it's not even close. PS4 and X1 were some of the most outdated pieces of console we've ever seen  when launched.

Not really.. but it's ok we can disagree.

Just now, Casual said:

Sure, in your imaginary world where Ratchet and Demon's Souls are last gen we can disagree.

In the real world you can just be wrong.

Jesus christ, just shut up.. those games are last gen as fuck :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Jesus christ, just shut up.. those games are last gen as fuck :tom: 

image.thumb.png.dc1a05059cc9f846cd869745d378678b.png

"One of the finest launch titles for any new console" Yeah. Last gen as fuck.

Edited by Casual
1 minute ago, Casual said:

image.thumb.png.dc1a05059cc9f846cd869745d378678b.png

"One of the finest launch titles for any new console" Yeah. Last gen as fuck.

It's a PS3 era game, built on a new engine with decent looking visuals..  It's not taxing the CPU at all for fuck sakes... it's got literally the same damn physics engine, the same amount of enemies, the same exact everything.  It uses GPU driven particle effects and physics...:drake: