Most underrated game of 2022?

Requiem for sure when it comes to critical reception and sales. But It did get nominated for GOTY and several other awards so at least it got some well deserved recognition.

Syberia: The World Before is also up there. It was refreshing to play an adventure game in that style, both from a storytelling and puzzle solving perspective. Its unfortunate that it came out and most people had no idea it existed. Apparently it just released on PS5/Series X a little over a week ago though, so hopefully those versions will catch some peoples' attention.

Gonna also give a shout out to Hell Pie. I was consistently impressed by that game's old school platformer feel. Its a throwback but also has its own unique ideas and most of the levels are really well designed.

• Upvote 2

I haven't finished Requiem yet but again from what I heard and seen from others it gets a lot of praise, I believe ya guys when you say reviewers aren't treating it as such though.

But honestly, it's Scorn for me. The reviews butchering the game because these assholes can't take their time and appreciate this world and fully immerse themselves and feel the need to go full-american and destroy everything :D  Jesus christ. I watched some streamer afterwards and I was just shaking my head. 

I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece or anything but it is very unique for sure, not for everyone because half of the game is a walking sim but it just suits it so well. I also don't think the complains about how short it is are warranted. I have to admit  I took my time with it, just in awe with the style but even then I'd say it's more of at least 8+ hours game instead of 5 hours which is absolutely fine. I think it took me 10 hours. Also the ending OWNED. 

• Upvote 2

Expeditions: Rome (phenomenal SRPG, addictive combat system, fantastic characters and storyline)

Postal: Brain Damaged (phenomenal, smooth and fast old school FPS gameplay, great campaign, levels, music, style)

DioField Chronicles (one of the best combat systems ever in a JRPG, very unique, anti JRPG trope characters and storyline)

Hell Pie (free flow platformer with fun mechanics and levels) 

• Upvote 1

Oh, that reminds me I always wanted to start Expedition: Vikings. The time limit though sounds kinda funky :D but this is my genre. CRPGs number 1, aside from GODpunk :blessed: 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

I haven't finished Requiem yet but again from what I heard and seen from others it gets a lot of praise, I believe ya guys when you say reviewers aren't treating it as such though.

But honestly, it's Scorn for me. The reviews butchering the game because these assholes can't take their time and appreciate this world and fully immerse themselves and feel the need to go full-american and destroy everything :D  Jesus christ. I watched some streamer afterwards and I was just shaking my head. 

I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece or anything but it is very unique for sure, not for everyone because half of the game is a walking sim but it just suits it so well. I also don't think the complains about how short it is are warranted. I have to admit  I took my time with it, just in awe with the style but even then I'd say it's more of at least 8+ hours game instead of 5 hours which is absolutely fine. I think it took me 10 hours. Also the ending OWNED. 

Yes! No hand-holding in a world that oozes atmosphere, filled with twisted imagery. The part with the

Spoiler

babies

:D Fucking awesome! I loved all of the puzzles. I, initially, hated the combat because I had that “kill everything” mentality. I actually enjoyed it once I became patient, realizing that nearly every encounter has a puzzle-like flow (each creature has a routine, in a very organic way). I was able to avoid 90% of them, once I got the flow down. 

As for length, if took me only 4 to 5 hours, but I love puzzle games (and I’m very good at them). There was 0 filler. I actually wouldn’t add anything to the campaign. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

dude put spoilers for this. 

also sure, the time aspect is fair, I prolly went afk many times but 5 hours is very strict and them complaining about it I will never understand. 

Edited by kaz
4 minutes ago, kaz said:

dude put spoilers for this. 

also sure, the time aspect is fair, I prolly went afk many times but 5 hours is very strict and them complaining about it I will never understand. 

Yeah, it’s easy to feel connected to each area, and know how it works. Btw, my bad. I thought I used spoilers. I fixed it. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, it’s easy to feel connected to each area, and know how it works. Btw, my bad. I thought I used spoilers. I fixed it. 

dude it's fine, I know. I just have to say it was one of the best moments in the game. And I want people to go in completely blind. Even the launch trailer spoilers so much, I'm glad I watched it after I finished the game.

I spent so much time because I was so intrigued with what the fuck is going on and there was one part where  I spent some extra time

Spoiler

in chapter 3  I think with these "skin tunnels" and you could use this thing to let out green oooze, I was wondering what the fuck was going on and it took me some time to realize that was basically a way to get rid of corpses. And I was glad when I looked it up and people noticed the same. 

Needless to say I have no doubt that most people finish it in 5 hours but I don't find it's a good critique from reviewers for such a game. I know you don't critize it for that though, probably the perfect time for many folks. I wish more people here would play it. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just subscribed to Gamepass once again for just $1 :lul: Will play Scorn and also try Somerville and Pentiment

The best $1 you’ll spend this year :smoke: That’s where I played The Pedestrian.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

Oh, that reminds me I always wanted to start Expedition: Vikings. The time limit though sounds kinda funky :D but this is my genre. CRPGs number 1, aside from GODpunk :blessed: 

Haven't played that one, just Rome. Which you should check out, there's a demo. 

32 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The best $1 you’ll spend this year :smoke: That’s where I played The Pedestrian.

I subscribed in september for $1 so I figured they would make me pay the $10-$15 this time but nope :D 

Anyway I started Scorn and played through the intro bit. I see this game has its own form of Hand holding :mjpls::ben: 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I subscribed in september for $1 so I figured they would make me pay the $10-$15 this time but nope :D 

Anyway I started Scorn and played through the intro bit. I see this game has its own form of Hand holding :mjpls::ben: 

Yup!!! :D