Gamepass is an objective failure so far

It's not taken off on PC in a major way it has on XBox. Even there the userbase is fairly limited.

MS is actually losing money on it and their big hope to turn a profit is phones and Xcloud that we know for a fact will never take off.

After Stadia, XCloud and PSnow launched the so called death of hardware for streaming and it being the undoubted future is more questionable than ever. No one expected such abysmal performance from streaming sales a few years ago.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gamepass is an objective success for gamers 

I subscribed on PC for 2 years and don't miss it. I don't want my gaming options to be tailored around whatever's on the buffet. If it takes me 2 months to finish God of War, I don't want to be wastin

Microsoft misses Xbox Game Pass subscriber target for second year.   https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's not taken off on PC in a major way it has on XBox. Even there the userbase is fairly limited.

MS is actually losing money on it and their big hope to turn a profit is phones and Xcloud that we know for a fact will never take off.

After Stadia, XCloud and PSnow launched the so called death of hardware for streaming and it being the undoubted future is more questionable than ever. No one expected such abysmal performance from streaming sales a few years ago.

PC marketshare is growing faster than console which has slowed down... which can be expected after going 2 years without releasing any big first party titles...  PC side has managed to grow due to the inclusion of prominent PC oriented games and franchises.

MS is making a profit off of it according to Phil Spencer.  And xcloud is cintinually growing... lmfao  Was the goal of this thread to just post the exact opposite of reality?

Edited by Remij
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Gamepass is an objective success for gamers :wow2:

For real.  I mean, you can hate on MS and their lack of first party output for it, but GamePass is a phenomenal value to a large group of people.  If you're the type of person who doesn't care about building a library of games, and just wants to try a bunch of stuff to see what you end up liking... then it's incredible for that.

And the fact that many developers have stated their successes with it, and that some games wouldn't even be pitched without GamePass existing, like Pentiment, goes to show there's value there for both gamers and creators.

I subscribed on PC for 2 years and don't miss it. I don't want my gaming options to be tailored around whatever's on the buffet. If it takes me 2 months to finish God of War, I don't want to be wasting $40 on shit im not using. It's a better deal to own the games I really want to play.

I already have a huge library of Steam games I don't play, so paying a monthly fee for another pool of games isn't worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

@FIREPOWERLemij fakeboying for GamePass, as he has cancelled his GamePass subscriptions over a year ago.

:ben:

He's talking about me.... again.  Came back home and responded to every thread mentioning me... and @'ing people too :tom: 

Hilarious irony :omglol:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

He's talking about me.... again.  Came back home and responded to every thread mentioning me... and @'ing people too :tom: 

Hilarious irony :omglol:

his anger from another thread is now spilling into this one.

All because I pointed out that he's a fakeboy who admitted that they cancelled GamePass.:drake:

14 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

I subscribed on PC for 2 years and don't miss it. I don't want my gaming options to be tailored around whatever's on the buffet. If it takes me 2 months to finish God of War, I don't want to be wasting $40 on shit im not using. It's a better deal to own the games I really want to play.

I already have a huge library of Steam games I don't play, so paying a monthly fee for another pool of games isn't worth it.

Exactly the way I feel.

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

The fact Nintendo and Sony are never going to adopt this shows MS's plan is bust. Who bets everything on XCloud and phones to make it sustainable for god's sake

The day one for all first party games on Gamepass method isn't sustainable for Sony or Nintendo. Only Microsoft could afford to throw money down the sink like that and only MS would threat their first party like that.  

Can you imagine the losses if you could get GoW Ragnarock for 10$ a month right now? Rofl. 

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Gamepass is an objective success for gamers :wow2:

Thanks, I was going to say this! Even tho, again, I feel treated like ass as a PC gamer for getting locked out of earning achievement points.  but it's still good value. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, kaz said:

Thanks, I was going to say this! Even tho, again, I feel treated like ass as a PC gamer for getting locked out of earning achievement points.  but it's still good value. 

I still don't understand where you're getting that from :ben: I played through Scorn and got most of the achievements

image.png.e806e4b91604da2771d9802f9ccc8e08.png

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I still don't understand where you're getting that from :ben: I played through Scorn and got most of the achievements

image.png.e806e4b91604da2771d9802f9ccc8e08.png

Again: You don't get any points for that. You get those microsoft points, log in to microsoft rewards with your account, there you can claim all kinds of goodies. Free game pass for 7750 points for example.

On PC you get the achievements of course, but no points for it unlike on console where you do. 

:ben: 

• Upvote 1