Gamepass is an objective failure so far

14 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Microsoft misses Xbox Game Pass subscriber target for second year.

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

That's what happens when you don't release new games to get people to buy into the service... while simultaneously removing old ones.

If they consistently released first party games, they'd be doing far better.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gamepass is an objective success for gamers 

I subscribed on PC for 2 years and don't miss it. I don't want my gaming options to be tailored around whatever's on the buffet. If it takes me 2 months to finish God of War, I don't want to be wastin

Microsoft misses Xbox Game Pass subscriber target for second year.   https://www.axios.com/2022/10/27/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-miss

Posted Images

22 hours ago, jehurey said:

@FIREPOWERLemij fakeboying for GamePass, as he has cancelled his GamePass subscriptions over a year ago.

:ben:

I can’t even say I’m surprised by this news. Lemij is one of the biggest fakeboys on this site. Constantly caps for LBox while hiding behind PC. I already knew he wasn’t on GP because GP has been dry AF for more than a year. All the shitty indie games these lems are pretending to play can be had for peanuts and they aren’t worth subscribing to a game service for. He’s a fraud like the other lemshits on this site :mj:

7 hours ago, Remij said:

That's what happens when you don't release new games to get people to buy into the service... while simultaneously removing old ones.

If they consistently released first party games, they'd be doing far better.

they have no first party games, besides Fallout and Elder Scrolls, that excite people.

If Forza Horizon 5 didn't move the needle..............it doesn't matter how quickly or how slowly Forza Motorsport 8 is going to come out.........its not going to move the needle, either.

You're basically trying to hope for a "Mediocre Buffet" model where if they release just enough "tolerable" games on a fast enough schedule, then people are willing keep their subscriptions.

Netflix SORTA has a "mediocre buffet" model as well. I mean, nobody would ever pay money for those Liam Hensworth action movies, but people tolerate them. But Netflix works because the family is watching different things on Netflix.

That doesn't work with GamePass, unless multiple family members, especially kids, are using it. And that would require that new GamePass family plan that Microsoft is testing in some territories.

But....$25 a month is past the threshold where people notice and think about whether that's too high a monthly to pay.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

they have no first party games, besides Fallout and Elder Scrolls, that excite people.

If Forza Horizon 5 didn't move the needle..............it doesn't matter how quickly or how slowly Forza Motorsport 8 is going to come out.........its not going to move the needle, either.

You're basically trying to hope for a "Mediocre Buffet" model where if they release just enough "tolerable" games on a fast enough schedule, then people are willing keep their subscriptions.

Netflix SORTA has a "mediocre buffet" model as well. I mean, nobody would ever pay money for those Liam Hensworth action movies, but people tolerate them. But Netflix works because the family is watching different things on Netflix.

That doesn't work with GamePass, unless multiple family members, especially kids, are using it. And that would require that new GamePass family plan that Microsoft is testing in some territories.

But....$25 a month is past the threshold where people notice and think about whether that's too high a monthly to pay.

Forza Horizon moved the needle, so did Halo.  GP sees bumps when these games release no doubt.. and seems to have settled in at between 25M and 30M without any major new releases.

The problem is that there's no cadence to MS' releases... they have a couple.. then you go years without anything new... that's a problem, and people know it.  Subs continue to fall off in the meantime between big releases.

Call MS' own games mediocre as you want... Xbox fans with the consoles are obviously into them... and they help drive GamePass subscriptions.  Starfield will be massive for it... once a lot of these companies start releasing games and if MS can prove they can do it consistently... people will sub.

And GamePass is definitely used by kids... GamePass is what parents buy for their kids so they don't have to choose specific games.  They're like oh, you get over 400 games?  Great, I don't have to make a decision, they can find whatever they like.

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

Forza Horizon moved the needle, so did Halo.

No it didn't.

25 million to still under 30 million means they didn't move jackshit.

And let's be honest.............all of that was with people under the impression that Starfield was coming in 2022.

So people who bought GamePass from early to mid 2022 were being enticed by Starfield. Not FH5 and Halo.

This is REALLY bad.

You guys are a fucking joke claiming GamePass was going to reach 30 million already BACK IN SUMMER OF 2021:drake:

Just now, jehurey said:

No it didn't.

25 million to still under 30 million means they didn't move jackshit.

And let's be honest.............all of that was with people under the impression that Starfield was coming in 2022.

So people who bought GamePass from early to mid 2022 were being enticed by Starfield. Not FH5 and Halo.

This is REALLY bad.

You guys are a fucking joke claiming GamePass was going to reach 30 million already BACK IN SUMMER OF 2021:drake:

Yes it did.  Gamepass sees jumps when there are big first party releases.

It has stagnated because MS hasn't had any releases since then.  Sony estimates it to be ~29M right now.. without any new releases in that time....  Oh... how crazy of me to think that it would have reached 30M had they kept releasing big games :drake:The console market for GP is stagnating... which makes sense because there's no new releases... and their console market is small.  Add to the fact that they aren't releasing big games for years now... means people don't have a reason to buy the console... which means GP slows down and doesn't grow.

On PC... because I know you'll bring it up... people are set in their ways about Steam or nothing.  Look at Epic's massive failure... offering free games for years now and nobody uses that shit... 

LOL it's just funny you're trying to argue that they wouldn't be doing any better than they are right now, had they been releasing big first party games this entire time :drake: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes it did.  Gamepass sees jumps when there are big first party releases.

Which is why I said 25 million to still-under-30 million.................is a failure

There no two ways about it...........even your fanboy ass knows that's a failure.

For comparison, when Outer Worlds released, around March of 2020 they announced they had hit 13 million subscriptions.

And then by September they announced it had reached 18 million.

FIVE MILLION in six months.

Sweetie................they announced 25 million in January.

And they just announced 29 million in their filings.

FOUR. Million.

10 Months.

Even you know that's failure.

Just now, jehurey said:

Which is why I said 25 million to still-under-30 million.................is a failure

There no two ways about it...........even your fanboy ass knows that's a failure.

For comparison, when Outer Worlds released, around March of 2020 they announced they had hit 13 million subscriptions.

And then by September they announced it had reached 18 million.

FIVE MILLION in six months.

Sweetie................they announced 25 million in January.

And they just announced 29 million in their filings.

FOUR. Million.

10 Months.

Even you know that's failure.

NO GAMES... AND NO CONSOLE GROWTH DUE TO LACK OF GAMES

I been done telling you the reason :drake: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

NO GAMES... AND NO CONSOLE GROWTH DUE TO LACK OF GAMES

I been done telling you the reason :drake: 

you just said FH5 and Halo "move the needle"

People find out that GamePass increased from about 15 million in Summer 2020 to around 21-22 million by July 2021

Forza Horizon 5 & Halo Infinite release during a four week period November-December 2021

January 2022 - 25 million

November 2022 - 29 million

Please.................try convince us that those games "moved the needle.

Summer 2020 to July 2021 = 6-7 million

The proceeding 10 months after FH5 and Halo releasing = 4 million

:tom:

Just now, jehurey said:

you just said FH5 and Halo "move the needle"

People find out that GamePass increased from about 15 million in Summer 2020 to around 21-22 million by July 2021

Forza Horizon 5 & Halo Infinite release during a four week period November-December 2021

January 2022 - 25 million

November 2022 - 29 million

Please.................try convince us that those games "moved the needle.

Summer 2020 to July 2021 = 6-7 million

The proceeding 10 months after FH5 and Halo releasing = 4 million

:tom:

God you're fucking stupid :kaz: 

You're showing exactly how they did.  People subscribed in 2021 because those games were coming soon...

The 10 months after shows it slowing down... because since the release of those games, they haven't shown or released fuck all :drake: 

You're literally proving that subs go way up when people know there are big first party games coming soon... and then slow down when they're not. :danylol: 

And again, growth is limited on console due to their user base... and the console isn't growing as well as it would be, had they been releasing big first party games.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

God you're fucking stupid :kaz: 

You're showing exactly how they did.  People subscribed in 2021 because those games were coming soon...

LOL No it doesn't.

The months leading up to Forza Horizon 5/Halo Infinite were:

July 2021 = 21-22 million subscriptions

November-December 2021 = 24 million

:lawl::lawl::lawl:you just fucked yourself even worse by pointing out this period of time.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL No it doesn't.

The months leading up to Forza Horizon 5/Halo Infinite were:

July 2021 = 21-22 million subscriptions

November-December 2021 = 24 million

:lawl::lawl::lawl:you just fucked yourself even worse by pointing out this period of time.

LOL he just showed it moving the needle again... :drake: 

Now imagine had Halo been a massive success and MS not fucked up the landing..... and then imagine if they had Starfield the next year?  And then... ect ect.. :drake: 

25 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL he just showed it moving the needle again... :drake: 

No it didn't show any such thing.

SHow me how the needle moved.

When The Outer Worlds released, I remember the Gamepass subscribers being 10 million before The Outer Worlds release, and then 13 million about a month or so after The Other Worlds release.

That's 3 million during the time of the game releasing.

Please show me how roughly 2 million new subscribers leading up to FH5 and Halo is better than that.

I'll wait.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

@Ramza what I tell you.

Whenever he gets angry.............where does he go to:banderoos:

You were making fun of me for cancelling it... LMFAO.  Of course you're a subscriber :kaz: 

I bet Vampire Survivors being on there pisses you off though... since you wasted that $3 on it! :mad: 

:omglol: :ovolol: 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, kaz said:

Again: You don't get any points for that. You get those microsoft points, log in to microsoft rewards with your account, there you can claim all kinds of goodies. Free game pass for 7750 points for example.

On PC you get the achievements of course, but no points for it unlike on console where you do. 

:ben: 

You already got your Gamepass subscription for taking a gay quiz on Microsoft.com and you want rewards on top?

I always knew you were a supreme hobo gamer. Probably have your gaming setup in container with a SD TV and a piss-stained poster of Final Fantasy XIV or some shit in the background for decoration.

Quite the downgrade from your mother's basement. Maybe it's time you get a job.