People pay full price for 4K Blu Ray remasters what's wrong with remasters?

I have over 290 HD remasters on STEAM.

It's called PC gaming. Every time you buy a new PC, all your games upgrades to the new HD remaster port version. It's magical, requires no works from developers and the process is entirely free.

I love buying the same games again so much. What's wrong with that? -Aza 

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

• dead 1

There are also remasters that just completely suck. Stop acting as if they are all good and needed. Silent Hill collection with different voice actors = :poop:  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

There are also remasters that just completely suck. Stop acting as if they are all good and needed. Silent Hill collection with different voice actors = :poop:  

Oh boy, those ports were busted.

Demon's Souls and TLOU were just graphical uplifts. Yes there's still a good amount of work required but not enough to warrant being sold for full price. Whats the point of even making new games if devs can just update old ones and sell them for full price?

The few exceptions would be games like the RE2/RE4 remakes. Those are practically new games that change a lot of the underlying structure and features of the originals.

• Upvote 1

yeah, I fucking hate the definition too. A proper remake is absolutely fine in my opinon like RE and FF7 but remasters are just lazy and not needed in my opinion, I get the argument of having to deal with old hardware but still I would just try that if I really have to, otherwise just use emulation. 

the worst fucking trend is calling a simple remaster a "remake" :D  fucking hell