If someone put a gun to your head, and said you had to bet on a single videogame company's future in the form of its shares on the stock market...

• SheepKilla changed the title to If someone put a gun to your head, and said you had to bet on a single videogame company's future in the form of its shares on the stock market...
Just now, Twinblade said:

Probably Nintendo. They took a massive shit in a game case, called it the next Pokemon game, and watched as it went on to sell 10+ million copies in a few days. Clearly the safest company to bet on...

Not a bad choice. Their whole company is valued at $55 billion with a yearly dividend payout of about 3.70%. Nintendo feels like it can be worth way more than $55 billion in a decade or two. 

Another interesting one is Sega. Entire company's worth is $3 billion with a yearly dividend yield of about 2.40%. They seem to have been trading in the range of $1.50 - $4.30 for the past 10 years. 

Nintendo.

They haven't even learned how to make a comprehensive multiplayer mode in:

Mario Online

Zelda or Hyrule Online

Smash Bros Online

Metroid Online

Animal Crossing Online

and, most importantly, Pokemon Online.

If you notice, Splatoon has pretty much leapfrogged all other Nintendo franchises in offering the most comprehensive online modes and features.

And just THAT franchise alone has exploded, especially in Japan. About half of its 7.3 million sales are from Japan, alone. So by all accounts, Splatoon is one of the most successful online games in Japan, already.

Edited by jehurey
17 minutes ago, Ike said:

Agree with the Nintendo choices in here. I’d also throw in a vote for Epic. Unreal Engine 5 is being used by plenty of companies for development. 

At least in terms of stocks, Nintendo's performance has not been that impressive in the past decade. If you bought in 2007 right after the WIi was released, you'd be overall down on your investment like 15 years later. Wii was that bad apparently. 

However - I feel like Nintendo has huge staying power and stability. They've proven they're competitive, and I was extremely impressed by them with the Switch. IMO, they left Sony and MS in the dust. Plus, they have a loyal fanbase. I will buy some Nintendo stock when the price comes down a bit. Maybe I'll even wait for a recession and then go all in. 

Also: Epic is owned by Tencent, a huge Chinese company worth more than Sony and Nintendo combined. Probably an awful, overpriced value. 

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Just bought some Nintendo stock, and a far smaller portion of Sega.

Let's gooooo. 

Holding forever. 

SEGA is huge on the PC market and their Atlus acquisition/merge? seems to be working really well for them since Atlus has reached peaked popularity with Persona 5. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

SEGA is huge on the PC market and their Atlus acquisition/merge? seems to be working really well for them since Atlus has reached peaked popularity with Persona 5. 

Nice. I didn't even realize they bought out Persona 🙂 Nintendo is also a 100% surefire growth stock over the next few decades.

I don't care what the noise is. The facts are: Sega at 3 billion and Nintendo at 55 billion is a good deal. 

If it goes down, I'll buy more. 

I've been joyful ever since buying Nintendo and Sega stock today. I have no clue why I waited so long. 

I've been very merry and cheerful to people everywhere I go. I feel like dancing. Life feels fresh. All because of a few simple stock purchases.

It's SO simple, but so few do it. 

Nintendo is a winner. 🙂 So is Sega. ❤️ buy NIntendo stock folks 🎄🎄🎄  :santaben:

It's such a good company. Damn good. 

Market valuations are horseshit. How can an unprofitable company like Twitter be worth 44 billion and Nintendo only 55 billion? Nintendo is always profitable 

Edited by Cooke
11 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

I've been joyful ever since buying Nintendo and Sega stock today. I have no clue why I waited so long. 

I've been very merry and cheerful to people everywhere I go. I feel like dancing. Life feels fresh. All because of a few simple stock purchases.

It's SO simple, but so few do it. 

Nintendo is a winner. 🙂 So is Sega. ❤️ buy NIntendo stock folks 🎄🎄🎄  :santaben:

It's such a good company. Damn good. 

Its a Blue Chip stock.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its a Blue Chip stock.

I would say it's getting to be one, but not at all historically.

50 billion is on the small for a blue chip. Plus, it has too much historical volatility and uncertainty. Has stabilized amazingly well these past few years, though. 

Anyone know who the management is and how they've been doing? Any thoughts on future directions of Nintendo? 

8 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

I would say it's getting to be one, but not at all historically.

50 billion is on the small for a blue chip. Plus, it has too much historical volatility and uncertainty. Has stabilized amazingly well these past few years, though. 

Anyone know who the management is and how they've been doing? Any thoughts on future directions of Nintendo? 

you see that Mario bros. trailer?

That movie is going to bank.

And I can only assume that Nintendo is going to branch out more in movies and in Universal Studios theme parks.

• 1 month later...