This Kids in the Hall sketch from 30 years ago predicted the future

34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the master of politically incorrect and the birth of the Karen. 

I immediately recognize that episode. I grew up with this show. :D 

• Haha 1

I love how this sketch proves everything him and other alt-right'ers completely wrong about "wokeism" being something that is recent.

That sketch is almost 30 years old.

And he clearly didn't watch to the end of the sketch where they pretty much make fun of straight white guys acting exactly like those other people claimed.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how this sketch proves everything him and other alt-right'ers completely wrong about "wokeism" being something that is recent.

That sketch is almost 30 years old.

And he clearly didn't watch to the end of the sketch where they pretty much make fun of straight white guys acting exactly like those other people claimed.

Holy derp.  The sketch was making funny of the left wing art/social justice culture which was VERY fringe in the early 90s. Now it has infected every aspect of life.

I love how jerry thinks he's clever  

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Holy derp.  The sketch was making funny of the left wing art/social justice culture which was VERY fringe in the early 90s. Now it has infected every aspect of life.

So why wasn't this posted in the political meme thread on the politics board? 

@-GD-X

2 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

I think jehurey made it more political than it actually was. 

To be fair, and I'm only saying this as an observation - that still would be "enough reason" to get a thread moved or locked if it were conceived as 'critical' of the right on here. 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

That's one way to interpret what you just saw. It's a kind of rorschach test in a way. I can see where a bigot like yourself sees this and enjoys seeing white guys taking down lesbian/blacks/disable/overweight/trans people point of view. 

Some people might see it as an ironic twist where the people complaining seem obtuse and unruly at first...then proven right at the end to be a the point. 

Others may say they were making fun of both parties in different ways. I mean they were 5 or 6 not-completely straight art nerds who crossed dressed regularly in the 90s. Like what view on all of this do you think they have? 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Holy derp.  The sketch was making funny of the left wing art/social justice culture which was VERY fringe in the early 90s

an SNL produced show that is one of Canada's biggest comedy shows of the 90's

"it was VERY fringe"

-Cooke

:tom: