Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh it's coming.. But fair enough. 

The DNC and its propaganda press have you so programmed that you're sending angry tweets to Elon?   If the lefty press hadn't been throwing a temper tantrum over losing control of Twitter,

Don't like it? Make your own Twitter (wait there's more)  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Another good guy conservative cheering a billionaire firing people weeks before Christmas. You guys are heroes. 

Hard to feel sorry for left wing activists who used their positions within Twitter to censor conservatives and contribute to the political divisions that are such a big problem in this country.

36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Tomorrow will be fun. Musk gonna be taking out the trash B)

you mean, people who already put million dollar payouts for that very scenario?

:drake:I bet those twitter employees are going to have fun.

also, he's trying to say that all employees have to work 84 hour work weeks:hest:

those are people who are absolutely will not do that, and will allow themselves to get fired so that they get unemployment

not to mention that if they have stocks, they automatically divest at the price that was negotiated at the amount that was in the $44 billion dollar contract

Elon Musk has to come up with a way to generate enough revenue to pay off almost $1 billion in loans, annually.

THAT will be fun.

Oh, and if he is unable to make loan payments, he put up a huge chunk of his Tesla stock as collateral for loans. So his debtors can force him to sell Tesla stock.

And if that happens, Musk having to sell alot of his Tesla stock, he effectively causes Tesla stock price to drop as well.

So Tesla's stock price is tied by how good or bad Twitter performs, financially.  That will be fun.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hard to feel sorry for left wing activists who used their positions within Twitter to censor conservatives and contribute to the political divisions that are such a big problem in this country.

Yes, no problem where you can't fathom sympathy for people based on their political affiliation despite the fact you don't even know how these people vote or if it even affected to their jobs.

Musk most likely will have to shed a good number of jobs and most of the people he will fire aren't shot callers and paycheck people doing their jobs as told to them. It's funny watching you guys try to do cover your cruelty. You are shit. 

Out of curiosity, since today seemed to be all of the free thinking common-sense populist conservatives boot-licking museums, millionaires, and billionaires if there are any right leaning threads about working folk getting a win? 

Would be a nice contrast to Cucke, Ramza, and Twincel laughing at Musk firing people to amuse incels, defending Trump (in Nov of 22), and wishing for longer jail sentences for people for throwing soup on artwork. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yes, no problem where you can't fathom sympathy for people based on their political affiliation despite the fact you don't even know how these people vote or if it even affected to their jobs.

Musk most likely will have to shed a good number of jobs and most of the people he will fire aren't shot callers and paycheck people doing their jobs as told to them. It's funny watching you guys try to do cover your cruelty. You are shit. 

Oh please. These aren’t struggling blue collar workers living paycheck to paycheck. They’re tech workers with Twitter on their resume ffs, I’m sure there are a ton of companies already lining up to hire those who have been/will be fired.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Oh please. These aren’t struggling blue collar workers living paycheck to paycheck. They’re tech workers with Twitter on their resume ffs, I’m sure there are a ton of companies already lining up to hire those who have been/will be fired.

Lol Nice try. So you think it's sad when a hypothetical white tech worker loses a job to a black tech worker... You think it's unacceptable but a billionaire firing people because of their political party is totally chill. Again, just admit what you are.

You guys are clowns trying to retroactively make yourselves sound less like assholes and justify your Musk bootlicking. You motherfuckers can't be original about anything lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol Nice try. So you think it's sad when a hypothetical white tech worker loses a job to a black tech worker... You think it's unacceptable but a billionaire firing people because of their political party is totally chill. Again, just admit what you are.

You guys are clowns trying to retroactively make yourselves sound less like assholes and justify your Musk bootlicking. You motherfuckers can't be original about anything lol. 

Twitter pays an average salary of $146,546 per year, which is $70.45 an hour. 

Oh no, how will these poor people survive being out of a six figure job for a few weeks :roll: And thats not even including severance packages which most if not all of the employees will have.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Oh no, how will these poor people survive being out of a six figure job for a few weeks :roll: And thats not even including severance packages which most if not all of the employees will have.

Well to start Elon Musk is the richest man in the world and those are certain jobs and others float around 75k. I guess

I guess I'm so woke that I'm put off about a rich kid 50 year old man buying a company out of stupidity then firing people who would have jobs otherwise and let's be honest, you wouldn't feel bad even if the jobs were low paying. 

All you people do on the right is wish for and enjoy bad things happening to innocent people to make yourselves feel better. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
12 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Well to start Elon Musk is the richest man in the world and those are certain jobs and others float around 75k. I guess

I guess I'm so woke that I'm put off about a rich kid 50 year old man buying a company out of stupidity then firing people who would have jobs otherwise and let's be honest, you wouldn't feel bad even if the jobs were low paying. 

All you people do on the right is wish for and enjoy bad things happening to innocent people to make yourselves feel better. 

it was just announced that all Twitter employees who were let go will receive full compensation and benefits until February. 

they will be far better off during their unemployment than the average American currently working a full time job and struggling to make ends meet. But keep trying to convince us about how sorry we should feel for them…

• Upvote 1

cd8itSY.png

Interpublic Group's Media Brands division is recommending that its clients — which include Spotify, American Express and, in San Francisco, Accenture and Levi’s — pull out of Twitter for a week [...] citing the agency’s concerns over Twitter’s plans for trust and safety on the platform and Twitter’s “organizational capability” to provide those things to users and advertisers.

LOL Twitter is literally making no money right now, and Elon Musk had to give them at least 60 days notice about their change in work hours, so that is why his layoffs have them paid through February.

Not because he's being gracious, because he already knows he'd lose in court.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

it was just announced that all Twitter employees who were let go will receive full compensation and benefits until February. 

they will be far better off during their unemployment than the average American currently working a full time job and struggling to make ends meet. But keep trying to convince us about how sorry we should feel for them…

You don't have to feel sympathy for anyone, none of us do. We just do by nature. I find one of the most telling things about people is who they feel empathy and apathy for. Like in this situation where some of you feel apathy for working people and empathy for the richest internet troll in the world. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Out of curiosity, since today seemed to be all of the free thinking common-sense populist conservatives boot-licking museums, millionaires, and billionaires if there are any right leaning threads about working folk getting a win? 

Would be a nice contrast to Cucke, Ramza, and Twincel laughing at Musk firing people to amuse incels, defending Trump (in Nov of 22), and wishing for longer jail sentences for people for throwing soup on artwork. 

He's firing most of the workforce that is considered worthless and overpaid. You must understand that Twitter, despite being a huge platform is not currently very profitable. Cutting down on the workforce would save around 0.5 billion per year. The company hired many more workers in the past few years despite the platform not experiencing much growth. It's rentability suffered a lot as a result.

Musk as to turn this company around and fast. He's not doing this to please 'incels'. 

The CEOs that were fired received million of dollars in compensation. The woman got something like 32m... 

I'm not gonna cry for those people.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You don't have to feel sympathy for anyone, none of us do. We just do by nature. I find one of the most telling things about people is who they feel empathy and apathy for. Like in this situation where some of you feel apathy for working people and empathy for the richest internet troll in the world. 

If an app with right wing origins like Parlor suddenly shut down and all their staff were fired, you would probably be first in line to poke fun at them. Don’t act like you have the moral high ground here.

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

He's firing most of the workforce that is considered worthless and overpaid. You must understand that Twitter, despite being a huge platform is not currently very profitable. Cutting down on the workforce would save around 0.5 billion per year. The company hired many more workers in the past few years despite the platform not experiencing much growth. It's rentability suffered a lot as a result.

Musk as to turn this company around and fast. He's not doing this to please 'incels'. 

The CEOs that were fired received million of dollars in compensation. The woman got something like 32m... 

I'm not gonna cry for those people.

Musk is currently crying that revenue ia waaaay down and that advertisers are leaving in droves :feelsbadman:

Are you going to cry for him? 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Musk is currently crying that revenue ia waaaay down and that advertisers are leaving in droves :feelsbadman:

Are you going to cry for him? 

No.

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?