Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

pEUxlXU.png

louisck-laugh.gif

You mean you actually need staff to manage a huge social media platform..... Who would of thought? Amirite 

It's quite obvious Elon had no clear on concise plan for tge platform... No wonder advertisers are bailing left and right. 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh it's coming.. But fair enough. 

The DNC and its propaganda press have you so programmed that you're sending angry tweets to Elon?   If the lefty press hadn't been throwing a temper tantrum over losing control of Twitter,

Don't like it? Make your own Twitter (wait there's more)  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You mean you actually need staff to manage a huge social media platform..... Who would of thought? Amirite 

It's quite obvious Elon had no clear on concise plan for tge platform... No wonder advertisers are bailing left and right. 

Apparently Musk told programmer employees to submit 50 pages of code they had implemented over the past month. If they could not, they could go back two months. If they couldn't do that, they were fired.

Anyone who works in programming knows that this means all the top tier workers got fired. The people who work in security, the people who know the code the best, all gone. Because Musk is a fucking moron who doesn't know shit about programming.

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

What's hilarious is he is doing permanent bans WITHOUT warning (his own words)...

Mind you before that Twitter would give you MULTIPLE warnings before they permed you and the right wing clowns still cried bbbbut my free hate and violent speech :awww:

He quickly changed the rules to say it must say parody in your handle AND YOUR BIO. 

And yet, he is still perm banning any parody account of him that followed his omnthe whim made up rules. 

Just last week he said comedy is now legal... That didn't last long. 

He also said..no permanent bans... That didn't last long. 

Freedom of speech... Oh wait you can't make fun of me :cry:

What a man child :lawl:

A better analogy would be like a bar with open mike.

Sometimes people go to the mike and they do well. So they start doing more frequently. Then they start getting a following, more people start going to the bar just to listen to them.

Everyone benefits. The people get a show for people they want. The comedian gets experience and a following. And the bar gets free entertainment and even increase patronage from people going to see the shows.

Then the Elon buys the Bar... sees the comedians performing "for free" on his stage and decides to start charging people to perform on his bar. He also fires security and invited back the local neo nazi gang that was banned.

The comedians leave because they don't want pay to perform. They should be the ones getting paid in fact. The public goes away because the entertainment left... and the bar is not safe anymore. And then Elon complains people are sabotaging his bar.

:sass2:

21 hours ago, jehurey said:

:sass2:

I misunderstood how the new verified system works. It's far more sleazy than I expected, but also will make a lot of money. I had assumed they pay for verification method meant vetted profiles would have to pay to be verified, not anyone who pays 8 bucks is automatically verified. So exactly what he had a titty attack about this weekend could just happen in infinite ways. The badges dont even look different. There's just a hover feature and it's the bare minimum. 

On 2022-11-06 at 11:03 AM, jehurey said:

QJUk2PN.png

:drake: this dude is starting to crack, in real-time

forget reality tv, this is fantastic.

Also, it seems to have dawned on automobile manufacturers that Twitter, where they advertise for their own automobiles, can now directly affect the fate of Tesla stock.

So they pulled all of their advertising as well, because if Twitter's financials collapse, it risks hurting Tesla's financial future as well.

And GM, Ford, and the other major car companies can indirectly hurt Tesla.

Smart move on IncElon's behalf to start threatening advertisers. That'll work.

It's hard to understand why companies would be wary of Twitter under Musk.

image0.png.73ad51cebceb3243d324e3a618025ea0.png

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I’m not sure what Musk was thinking with that. But it’s still early days so I’m sure he will iron out the kinks with time.

He thinks is funny.... We have people impersonating more politicians now and corporate mascots. 

That's why advertisers started leaving in droves last week after meeting with him. 

There was someone impersonating a drug company and the tweet got shared 10K times last I checked. 

The real drug company had to issue a statement that its not them.... 

It's pure chaos. 

40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I’m not sure what Musk was thinking with that. But it’s still early days so I’m sure he will iron out the kinks with time.

The kinks of not making money? No, he wont. YouTube isn't profitable and has like ten times the userbase. As big a tool as Twitter is, it doesnt have the reach of a Facebook or Instagram and never will. It isnt popular with younger people and doesn't have the ability to create content stars. It's funny how he and his weirdo fans acted like he was just gonna burn 44 bil so angry Trump fans can post racist bullshit and he didn't care about the money, and a week in he's just making a fool of himself and made Twitter's credibility plummet. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The kinks of not making money? No, he wont. YouTube isn't profitable and has like ten times the userbase. As big a tool as Twitter is, it doesnt have the reach of a Facebook or Instagram and never will. It isnt popular with younger people and doesn't have the ability to create content stars. It's funny how he and his weirdo fans acted like he was just gonna burn 44 bil so angry Trump fans can post racist bullshit and he didn't care about the money, and a week in he's just making a fool of himself and made Twitter's credibility plummet. 

This was all these right wing clowns... They were giddy when Musk said he was purchasing Twitter.... Now they realize it's a shit show lmfao.   

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?