Havent done photography in a minute. Pretty proud of this one.

Just now, Chicano3000X said:

I adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit. 

nice man. it will look even better once you boost some of those lights. still, pretty sweet shot. i wish the foreground had more traffic streaks. still, i know it's tough to get those kinds of shots without putting yourself in danger lol.

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nice man. it will look even better once you boost some of those lights. still, pretty sweet shot. i wish the foreground had more traffic streaks. still, i know it's tough to get those kinds of shots without putting yourself in danger lol.

Thanks man. Ya it was tough balancing out the lighting. I wanted to get some king exposure with the traffic as-well. I might go back and do a time lapse shot with my phone since it’s video recording is a lot better than my main camera which is better for photography.

My only worry was getting mugged. So I had my tripod with it’s legs retracted sitting on top of a concrete slab at the end of the station. I had my back to it while just letting the camera take continuous shots. Not like anyone is gonna steal my stuff from the freeway lol

• Upvote 1

Earlier this week I was filling my car up at the gas station, and I finally felt like we were full into fall season and getting in that end of year bustling traffic feeling just by looking out at the street and seeing all the cars drive by. Felt like taking a picture.

NMTNNv2.jpg

It was also foggy during the middle of the night last week, and I wanted to learn a bit how my phone's manual camera settings work. So I was trying to mess with the exposure setting to see if I could accurately capture how thick the fog was.

RasrUof.jpg

And a few weeks ago, I went with some friends down to Austin to hang out over the night, and we stopped by the state capitol. And those are obviously easy shots to take.

rviCCyV.jpg

Q9Jy2BC.jpg

Also, one of my friends moves out to a new development area a bit out there in the sticks. So whenever I go visit him to drink and shoot the shit, I come back home and purposely take the back roads to avoid cops. So that has some stretches of road that look very "Lost Highway".

nSCPgJY.jpg

Earlier this year, I was driving out to New Mexico, and I stopped by a small Texas town on a cold, brisk Sunday morning to eat some breakfast, and the place felt like an abandoned ghosttown. As I was walking back to my car, I noticed the back alley behind the diner and thought it looked like it hadn't been touched in a long time.

P7N6Nh5.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Earlier this week I was filling my car up at the gas station, and I finally felt like we were full into fall season and getting in that end of year bustling traffic feeling just by looking out at the street and seeing all the cars drive by. Felt like taking a picture.

NMTNNv2.jpg

It was also foggy during the middle of the night last week, and I wanted to learn a bit how my phone's manual camera settings work. So I was trying to mess with the exposure setting to see if I could accurately capture how thick the fog was.

RasrUof.jpg

And a few weeks ago, I went with some friends down to Austin to hang out over the night, and we stopped by the state capitol. And those are obviously easy shots to take.

rviCCyV.jpg

Q9Jy2BC.jpg

Also, one of my friends moves out to a new development area a bit out there in the sticks. So whenever I go visit him to drink and shoot the shit, I come back home and purposely take the back roads to avoid cops. So that has some stretches of road that look very "Lost Highway".

nSCPgJY.jpg

Earlier this year, I was driving out to New Mexico, and I stopped by a small Texas town on a cold, brisk Sunday morning to eat some breakfast, and the place felt like an abandoned ghosttown. As I was walking back to my car, I noticed the back alley behind the diner and thought it looked like it hadn't been touched in a long time.

P7N6Nh5.jpg

Nics pics. The first and second pic reminds me of when I lived in the midwest. 

I notice a lot of buildings have that dome-like architecture. Pasadena city hall as a similar building. Downtown Los Angeles has more of an old-school art-deco design. As for the road, that reminds me off one of my favorite subreddits, the subreddit LiminalSpace. A please between here and there, either a place in between places, or a moment in between times, or a state in between mindstates, Interesting concept.

As for the last pic, I'm digging the decay. Always had a thing for old buildings that are falling apart.

4 hours ago, z,warrior said:

not a fan of the headlights but other than that, cool pic!

Thanks man!

Ya, it's at a metro station in the center of a freeway with a lot of traffic. It's the 110.

Probably the only angle where downtown L.A. doesn't feel "small" (it's actually big, it's the amount of skyscrapers that is small), most of it is old 1930s-1950s buildings).

14 hours ago, Chicano3000 said:

Thanks man!

Ya, it's at a metro station in the center of a freeway with a lot of traffic. It's the 110.

Probably the only angle where downtown L.A. doesn't feel "small" (it's actually big, it's the amount of skyscrapers that is small), most of it is old 1930s-1950s buildings).

how did you get the shot anyway? You look like you're on the highway, were you moving while you took the pic?