I've been doing a lot of AI art as of recent, but do you think it is real art? Or cheating?

Like here's some stuff that I "did". Or the AI did based on what I described to it:

grid_0.png

A crowd of people waiting for the portal to open showing a window to a hellish universe with a red glow and an intense light with tentacles protruding out of the portal. 50mm lens, hyper realistic, highly detailed, rendered in unreal engine, gritty, vibrant, beautiful colors, silhouettes of people, embers flying around, ominous lighting, concrete walls, metal panels, scientists and computers, hdr, 8k, 32k, ray tracing, ray traced shadows

grid_0.png

Pathfinder Rapartfrom Apex Legends, shot with a 50mm lens, ultra wide angle, depth of field, hyper detail, beautiful color-coded, insane details, intricate details, beautiful color grading, Unreal Engine, cinematic, color grading, editorial photography, photography, photo shoot, shot with 70mm lens, depth of field, bokeh, DOF, tilt blur, shutter speed 1/1000, f/22, white balance, 32k, super resolution, megapixel, ProPhoto RGB VR, Screen Space Global Illumination, Ray Tracing Global Illumination, Optics, Scattering, Glow, Shadows, Rough, Flicker, Raytraced Reflections, Lumen Reflections, Screen Space Reflections, Diffraction Gradation, Chromatic Aberration, GB Offset, Scan Lines, Ray Tracing, Ray Tracing, Ambient Occlusion, Anti-Aliasing, FKAA, TXAA, RTX, SSAO, Shaders, Shaders OpenGL, GLSL Shaders, Post Processing, Post Processing, Cel Shading, Tone Mapping, CGI, VFX, SFX, Insanely Detailed and Intricate, Hyper Maximalist, Hyper Realistic, Super Detailed, Photography, 8k,

As you can see, there is a description of the scene, or character. Followed by the technical specifications of how the scene is portrayed.

The computer did the heavy lifting, I just directed it. Is my end of the art based on the direction? Does the AI get credit?

For me personally, these are amazing images. But I'm more amazed withe the technology, than I am with myself when it comes to this type of medium. I feel like I should take this as inspiration, because I prersonally do not feel a sense of accomplishment. It's just something I am messing with. 

I can utilize it as a tool. For example, I wanna try and generate textures or brushes, this can hellp with that. I can take the images and chop them up and use them to create something totally different and new. But just this alone, without putting my time and effort into it, to me, isn't an accomplishment.

But counter to that, I understand that perhaps the art is in how well you communicate with the AI. How good of a director you are. In a sense, you are an "AI Whisperer". That is not me though. I like putting my own work in there.

Edited by Chicano3000
  • Like 1