Don't sleep on The Quarry

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

IIRC i think I rated the game a 8 after finishing it, because I saw the potential in the different choices and their outcomes. But then I replayed it and I realized that even there’s a lot small variations to some of the scenes, your choices don’t have that big of an impact on the progression or outcome of the overall story. So I think that dropped it down to a 7.5 for me.

Yeah, that seems to be the case, with how awkward some of the reactions are. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cute but Kaitlyn......    

I have lost several peeps because of the awful aiming lol. I’m setting that shit to auto-kill for the next playthrough. Only 3 peeps survived   aside from the ass fuck aiming, the end game owned. The

Also they should stop churning out Dark Anthology episodes and focus on quality. David Cage is completely delusional about his talents as a writer/director but every Quantic Dream game was a big leap

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The end game, in general, is a major improvement. I’m really digging the story. 

are you a fan of Ted Raimi?

because at the end, I really started seeing how this game was highlighting his acting abilities.

and obviously chapter 7 brought a surprise that people weren't expecting

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

are you a fan of Ted Raimi?

because at the end, I really started seeing how this game was highlighting his acting abilities.

and obviously chapter 7 brought a surprise that people weren't expecting

Yup! Dude owns! 

I have lost several peeps because of the awful aiming lol. I’m setting that shit to auto-kill for the next playthrough. Only 3 peeps survived :D  aside from the ass fuck aiming, the end game owned. The last 4 or 5 chapters owned. 

score: 8

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I have lost several peeps because of the awful aiming lol. I’m setting that shit to auto-kill for the next playthrough. Only 3 peeps survived :D  aside from the ass fuck aiming, the end game owned. The last 4 or 5 chapters owned. 

score: 8

I completely fucked up the ending because I wanted to hold out from shooting my gun, and I over-did it

Ended up being a laugh-out loud moment because the ending went from "I played this game almost as cleanly as possible" to "I completely fucked this up" in one instant.

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I completely fucked up the ending because I wanted to hold out from shooting my gun, and I over-did it

Ended up being a laugh-out loud moment because the ending went from "I played this game almost as cleanly as possible" to "I completely fucked this up" in one instant.

I’m about halfway through on my replay, and this time I’m playing smarter (I was kind of reckless before). I’ve seen some cool changes in the smaller arcs. Nothing big, though. I’m curious to see how episode 7 goes. I was a total dick there. My goal is to keep everyone alive. Now that I’m not exploring every nook and cranny, the acts are moving way faster. 

28 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m about halfway through on my replay, and this time I’m playing smarter (I was kind of reckless before). I’ve seen some cool changes in the smaller arcs. Nothing big, though. I’m curious to see how episode 7 goes. I was a total dick there. My goal is to keep everyone alive. Now that I’m not exploring every nook and cranny, the acts are moving way faster. 

Did you like the performances from that lady, the landlord lady who has sex with Woody Harrelson in Kingpin.

And Ethan Suplee, the guy who used to be the fat guy in 90's movies like Mallrats and Boy Meets World (I think), he's now the big oafish guy.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Did you like the performances from that lady, the landlord lady who has sex with Woody Harrelson in Kingpin.

And Ethan Suplee, the guy who used to be the fat guy in 90's movies like Mallrats and Boy Meets World (I think), he's now the big oafish guy.

Yeah, they were all solid. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

That last part was annoying for sure. I was trying to keep you know who alive on my 2nd playthrough but because of the aiming I messed up and it felt like that entire playthrough ended up being a waste.

I enabled auto aim. Now, I don’t have to shoot. Worst aiming ever lol. 

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There's a mode you can turn on that lets you basically rewind and retry some of the choices. I think that might be the best option for repeat playthroughs.

Ya, you get it after you complete the game. You get 3 redos. The accessibility options are excellent. You can make this as tense or as automated as you want. I like to keep the QTEs/breath-holding with a sense of urgency. I only modified the shooting (awful lol). 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I wish things like 

Hide contents

Nick getting attacked or Dylan losing his hand 

were avoidable.  I hope future Supermassive games make your choices more meaningful. 

Dylan didn't lose his hand in my game.