Don't sleep on The Quarry

33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The lack of David Arquette was way more disappointing. He was the focus in a lot of the marketing but ended up being in like 3 scenes.

Yeah, that was definitely bait and switch. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cute but Kaitlyn......    

I have lost several peeps because of the awful aiming lol. I’m setting that shit to auto-kill for the next playthrough. Only 3 peeps survived   aside from the ass fuck aiming, the end game owned. The

Also they should stop churning out Dark Anthology episodes and focus on quality. David Cage is completely delusional about his talents as a writer/director but every Quantic Dream game was a big leap

Posted Images

@-GD-X what did you think of the part where Emma records that video of herself while on the island. I remember thinking the visuals (like her face and the lighting) looked quite good there. Some scenes in this game are definitely up there with some of the best looking stuff this year I think.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X what did you think of the part where Emma records that video of herself while on the island. I remember thinking the visuals (like her face and the lighting) looked quite good there. Some scenes in this game are definitely up there with some of the best looking stuff this year I think.

I agree! I can’t wait to see a ps5/XSX/PC only title by them. 

So chapter 9 is dramatically different, if you go on the “good ending” path. I dare say I love this act more than 7 now. One huge change 

Spoiler

I blew off the mom’s head in my first playthrough and the cop, who already hated Laura’s guts, kills her. In this one, the mother survives the initial fight and a different fight breaks out (different character). Then an even crazier fight breaks out. Also, the cop is more hesitant to hurt Laura now.  

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

So chapter 9 is dramatically different, if you go on the “good ending” path. I dare say I love this act more than 7 now. One huge change 

Hide contents

I blew off the mom’s head in my first playthrough and the cop, who already hated Laura’s guts, kills her. In this one, the mother survives the initial fight and a different fight breaks out (different character). Then an even crazier fight breaks out. Also, the cop is more hesitant to hurt Laura now.  

at that point, i really was trying to make an effort to keep Ted Raimi.

He was giving enough indications that he wasn't fully on track with what the mother was all about.

In many ways, he's the one that was trying to get through all of this with as minimal bloodshed as possible. So I felt sorry for him.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

at that point, i really was trying to make an effort to keep Ted Raimi.

He was giving enough indications that he wasn't fully on track with what the mother was all about.

In many ways, he's the one that was trying to get through all of this with as minimal bloodshed as possible. So I felt sorry for him.

In my version Laura and Travis end on decent terms.

Also around the time I played this game, I had just binged-watched the Righteous Gemstones, so I really like the guy who was the boyfriend during the opening chapter.

So I was trying to do everything I could to keep everybody alive, but never resorting to a FAQ to cheat. Just what I felt would be the best choice.

Chapter 10 is almost completely different (and significantly longer) if you go the “good ending” path. That FUCKING OWNED! Way better than the shit ending I had gotten on my first playthrough. I actually like this game more than Until Dawn now. I’m bringing my score up to an 8.5

The differences (depending on your choices) are much bigger than I had expected. I’m close to 100%-ing it, so I’m going to grab the remaining trophies.

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Also around the time I played this game, I had just binged-watched the Righteous Gemstones, so I really like the guy who was the boyfriend during the opening chapter.

So I was trying to do everything I could to keep everybody alive, but never resorting to a FAQ to cheat. Just what I felt would be the best choice.

I liked how Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon’s son was in it. 

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

A few different people shot shotguns.

No, I mean didn’t Dylan get in a situation where you have to use either a chainsaw or a shotgun on his hand? 

edit: nvm I googled it. That is actually pretty genius of the devs. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

No, I mean didn’t Dylan get in a situation where you have to use either a chainsaw or a shotgun on his hand? 

edit: nvm I googled it. That is actually pretty genius of the devs. 

Nope! Never saw this!

16 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I liked how Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon’s son was in it. 

Oh, no way. I didn't know the smart-aleck guy was their son. Yeah, it totally looks like their kid.

The douche-bag jock, I liked him more during the middle of the story, and near the end he looked like a little bitch.

And then the self-centered blonde started out like a bitch, and during the middle she got pretty tough, so I respected her.

And I didn't like the monotone dorky black kid at the beginning, but I thought he gave the most believable performance of a modern 17 year old kid. I liked him quite a bit by the end.

They really did give a pretty good and cohesive performance.

• Like 1
Just now, jehurey said:

Oh, no way. I didn't know the smart-aleck guy was their son. Yeah, it totally looks like their kid.

The douche-bag jock, I liked him more during the middle of the story, and near the end he looked like a little bitch.

And then the self-centered blonde started out like a bitch, and during the middle she got pretty tough, so I respected her.

And I didn't like the monotone dorky black kid at the beginning, but I thought he gave the most believable performance of a modern 17 year old kid. I liked him quite a bit by the end.

They really did give a pretty good and cohesive performance.

Laura was my MVP :wow2: especially if you get the good ending.

Listening to the podcast is okay, its not mandatory, and I didn't like the two people at first. But it does kinda help flesh out the story a bit in Chapter 7.

When you are at the police precinct you see a fax or an email print out in which the police station is sending a notice to the podcast to stop sniffing around.

Like I said, its not a major detail, but its a cool little thing.

AND if you found the proper spots where to take pictures, and you took all of them, I believe those end up being talked about in the podcast that is unlocked after the game.

Just now, -GD-X said:

Laura was my MVP :wow2: especially if you get the good ending.

So can you fucking believe that I held out on making that shot there at the cage.

And just like that, I lost it ALL

You should look up that ending to see just how deflating that is.

• Sad 1
Just now, jehurey said:

So can you fucking believe that I held out on making that shot there at the cage.

And just like that, I lost it ALL

You should look up that ending to see just how deflating that is.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!