PS5s are breaking when used vertically

Better lay that shit down, Cows :patpatpat:

The problem, he says, is that the liquid metal used to cool the APU can sometimes spill, and become uneven, which impacts (at least) the cooling. Ben Montana, owner of specialized repair shop ILoveMyConsole in France, has also been trying to bring attention to this issue for months. He says these are not isolated cases. According to him, the risk is high for PS5s that have been standing vertically for a long time, and he says all models are impacted. This includes Digital edition consoles, as shown in the picture below (some people theorize that the vibrations of the Blu Ray drive could make the issue more severe on Physical Edition PS5s)

https://wololo.net/2023/01/05/youre-killing-your-ps5-by-using-it-vertically-due-to-a-design-flaw-by-sony-according-to-hardware-experts/

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line

the most durable system ever was the gamecube. that thing fell several times (from my friend's chocolate lab) and it never broke. ugly ass system, but damn, that thing was fort knox. the original xbox could probably deflect bullets. i don't care what anyone says, the OG duke controller is the GOAT controller.

34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the most durable system ever was the gamecube. that thing fell several times (from my friend's chocolate lab) and it never broke. ugly ass system, but damn, that thing was fort knox. the original xbox could probably deflect bullets. i don't care what anyone says, the OG duke controller is the GOAT controller.

The Xbox hacking/modding scene was incredible.

Fake news.

All my Playstations since the PS2 era have all stood vertically and other than one PS3 that had the YLOD on me in 2007 (ironically it’s the only one I stood horizontally), all my Playstation consoles have worked flawlessly and still work.

7 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Fake news.

All my Playstations since the PS2 era have all stood vertically and other than one PS3 that had the YLOD on me in 2007 (ironically it’s the only one I stood horizontally), all my Playstation consoles have worked flawlessly and still work.

It’s not fake news, it’s clearly reported in the OP. I don’t care if you believe it, run the risk LOL

edit: also reported by your favorite website:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/01/05/vertical-ps5-consoles-damage-liquid-metal-cooling-repair-shops-rumor/

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Fake news.

This is specifically about the PS5's liquid metal.  The previous systems used thermal paste.  Anyway I really don't see this being a significant problem.