Lollipop Chainsaw Remake character model comparison

27 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Would also love a remake of Alice Madness Returns.

I replayed that on PC recently and it's just a shallow, repetitive and unimaginative platformer. You guys are looking at PS3 era trash with rose nostalgia tinted glasses. 

Alice Madness Returns is a 5/10 platformer at best. The gothic art style spin is nothing special as well. Fuck that game and fuck your 'KGB' classics. Lmao, shit fucking taste. 

36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I replayed that on PC recently and it's just a shallow, repetitive and unimaginative platformer. You guys are looking at PS3 era trash with rose nostalgia tinted glasses. 

Alice Madness Returns is a 5/10 platformer at best. The gothic art style spin is nothing special as well. Fuck that game and fuck your 'KGB' classics. Lmao, shit fucking taste. 

Nah, Alice was a pretty good game and there aren’t that many platformers like it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Ramza said:

KGB masterpieces > you

We were the Nier pioneers before it ever became popular B) 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, Alice was a pretty good game and there aren’t that many platformers like it.

Yeah, I agree. Alice was solid. Cool art direction and the level design was surprisingly well done for most stages. Really enjoyed the story as well despite it getting pretty fucked up in some places.

The actual platforming was a bit too easy though since Alice could triple jump and shit. Alice's aerial mobility removed the need for precision, proper timing, and positioning which made the platforming very forgiving but I don't think Alice's goal was to be a challenging platformer.

Now Lolipop Chainsaw on the other hand... I played it once. That was enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lmao, the controls sucks, most of the platforming is compromised of hover platforms with no interesting mechanics whatsoever, it's slow, then you have disjointed arena fights that drags on for too long and are extremely repetitive. 

Level design is linear and simplistic, not a once of intelligence to be found anywhere. See a key hole, use the tiny potion to get a worthless collectible then continue on your way. 

Absolute, boring trash. 

7 hours ago, bhytre said:

KGB masterpieces > you

We were the Nier pioneers before it ever became popular B) 

NieR is also another disgustingly bad and overrated game. Couldn't bring myself to finish the remaster, just like how I couldn't do it on PS3/360. Possibly the most dreadfully boring overworld and quests ever made. There's no way that any of you has actually delved into the content of that game or you would hate it also. Only way to enjoy that POS game is to rush through it's story, the game itself is fucking terrible. 

Just now, Ramza said:

Lmao, the controls sucks, most of the platforming is compromised of hover platforms with no interesting mechanics whatsoever, it's slow, then you have disjointed arena fights that drags on for too long and are extremely repetitive. 

Level design is linear and simplistic, not a once of intelligence to be found anywhere. See a key hole, use the tiny potion to get a worthless collectible then continue on your way. 

Absolute, boring trash. 

NieR is also another disgustingly bad and overrated game. Couldn't bring myself to finish the remaster, just like how I couldn't do it on PS3/360. Possibly the most dreadfully boring overworld and quests ever made. There's no way that any of you has actually delved into the content of that game or you would hate it also. Only way to enjoy that POS game is to rush through it's story, the game itself is fucking terrible. 

hmm lets see

Controls suck

Disjointed arena fights

Level design is linear and simplistic

Absolute, boring trash

Are you sure you're not describing No More Heroes 3? :takei:

Just now, Twinblade said:

hmm lets see

Controls suck

Disjointed arena fights

Level design is linear and simplistic

Absolute, boring trash

Are you sure you're not describing No More Heroes 3? :takei:

That's funny because I almost made a comparison with NMH3. NMH3 has better combat, better story, better music, better style.

At the end of the day, it's a 7/10 type of game. So yeah, Alice is a 5. And NieR is closer to a 3, it's obnoxiously bad. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's funny because I almost made a comparison with NMH3. NMH3 has better combat, better story, better music, better style.

At the end of the day, it's a 7/10 type of game. So yeah, Alice is a 5. And NieR is closer to a 3, it's obnoxiously bad. 

You're in the minority there. NMH3 has better style but its objectively worse in almost every other way. Despite their issues neither Alice or Nier were as much of a slog to play through as NMH3. Im less than 10 hours in and im already doing my best to make a beeline through the main content so I can just finish it and get it over with.

Its a 6 or 6.5 game at best and feels like something that would have been released during the PS2 era (and I don't mean that in a good way).

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

You're in the minority there. NMH3 has better style but its objectively worse in almost every other way. Despite their issues neither Alice or Nier were as much of a slog to play through as NMH3. Im less than 10 hours in and im already doing my best to make a beeline through the main content so I can just finish it and get it over with.

Its a 6 or 6.5 game at best and feels like something from the PS2 era (and I don't mean that in a good way).

NMH3 combat is fun, Alice combat/platforming isn't, NieR combat/exploration isn't.

I won't argue that NMH3 overworld is fucking trash.

Just now, Ramza said:

NMH3 combat is fun, Alice combat/platforming isn't, NieR combat/exploration isn't.

I won't argue that NMH3 overworld is fucking trash.

NMH3 combat is as repetitive and brainless as it gets. After it introduces the 3 other Death glove moves it has nothing else to offer. Every fight feels the same as the last one that came before it especially with how lackluster the enemy variety is.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

NMH3 combat is as repetitive and brainless as it gets. After it introduces the 3 other Death glove moves it has nothing else to offer. Every fight feels the same as the last one that came before it especially with how lackluster the enemy variety is.

I like it, it plays really nicely, feels good and is generally fun. Definitely repetitive though. 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Ramza said:

wtf am I reading? :dame:

Obsidian fanboys wouldn't know good gameplay if it slapped them in the face :lul: