Soul Hackers 2 is absolutely terrible

It's so bad that I recommend even hardcore JRPG and Atlus fans skip it. It feels like a fanmade mix of Persona and SMT for casuals that they want to appeal to.

Not only is it Terrible but it's practically impossible to die even on hard. The level design is simply another level of mediocrity.

Edited by Team 2019
  • aitch 1

YESS. I'm so happy someone else gets to share my pain. It's the most grindy, insulting Atlus RPG I have ever played and that's quite the achievement. 

The fucking nexus dungeons or whatever it was called is a slap in the face. 

The combat system is great but that's it, just about everything else is flawed in one way or another. 

15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

YESS. I'm so happy someone else gets to share my pain. It's the most grindy, insulting Atlus RPG I have ever played and that's quite the achievement. 

The fucking nexus dungeons or whatever it was called is a slap in the face. 

The combat system is great but that's it, just about everything else is flawed in one way or another. 

It's called the Soul Matrix and you need to finish it for the true ending. :D

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

It's called the Soul Matrix and you need to finish it for the true ending. :D

I think my brain is trying to forget, it hasn't been that long but it feels like ages ago already.

It pads the game length so much and the worse part is, it doesn't even have unique enemies from one dungeon to the other, so you basically repeat that boring ass process 3x times and the side quests related to them will pad that even more. It's like the most grindy piece of shit I ever seen. I had to use the dungeon skills that makes the character run faster because I couldn't take it anymore. :D 

The side 'quests' in this game are also just filler. Boring ass tasks that makes you go back to some old ass dungeon where all the enemies are under leveled. So much fun. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Who could have seen that coming, Amirite? :leo:

Sit down, you pretentious noob. This is on another level of fail, not something I expected from Atlus, spin-off or not. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The game has only three dungeon themes. Standard dungeon, final dungeon and soul matrix. It's pathetic.

:pavarotti:

And like two boss themes from what I remember.

Devs at Atlus:

''Yeah, our game is amazing, let's find a way to artificially increase it's content for another 50 hours with boring, repetitive content.''

''Shouldn't we make new assets and content, sir?''

''No, this is fine.''

31 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sit down, you pretentious noob. This is on another level of fail, not something I expected from Atlus, spin-off or not. 

All the previews and trailers looked like shit.... I saw that coming a mile away. 

I told you it would be shit... You didn't listen and blindly bought it... :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

All the previews and trailers looked like shit.... I saw that coming a mile away. 

I told you it would be shit... You didn't listen and blindly bought it... :umad:

Oh shut up. You immediately assumed it would suck because it's a spin-off and you didn't like the visual style. In no way did you ever predicted the shit that actually went wrong in this game. 

No one cares what you think. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Oh shut up. You immediately assumed it would suck because it's a spin-off and you didn't like the visual style. In no way did you ever predicted the shit that actually went wrong in this game. 

Part 1 didn't suck... But this one did. 

Hope you enjoyed being disappointed :juggle:

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Persona is also a spin off, being a spin off doesn't mean you suck.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Part 1 didn't suck... But this one did. 

Hope you enjoyed being disappointed :juggle:

Look man, most reviews don't even point out how big of stinker this actually is. It should be in the 50s or 60s range at Metacritic but it's in the 70s. 

This is why I play shit for myself and make my own conclusions. I would have still bought the pos either way, I was one of the first person tor truly trash this game for what it is. Can't trust anything out there, just try it yourself, worst thing that could happen is you've wasted 60$. I think I'll live, at least now I know how bad it is.

I always wanted to play part 1, I have no idea why I never bought it for the DS. The 'sequel' has very little to do with that game anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Persona Strikers from the god damn Dynasty Warriors games smokes this trash.

I'm not even a fan of Strikers and I totally agree with that statement. :D 

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Look man, most reviews don't even point out how big of stinker this actually is. It should be in the 50s or 60s range at Metacritic but it's in the 70s. 

This is why I play shit for myself and make my own conclusions. I would have still bought the pos either way, I was one of the first person tor truly trash this game for what it is. Can't trust anything out there, just try it yourself, worst thing that could happen is you've wasted 60$. I think I'll live, at least now I know how bad it is.

I always wanted to play part 1, I have no idea why I never bought it for the DS. The 'sequel' has very little to do with that game anyway. 

From reading the previews of the game it didn't sound appealing to me. 

Always look like shallow "sequel". 

36 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

From reading the previews of the game it didn't sound appealing to me. 

Always look like shallow "sequel". 

I take chances, it doesn't always pay off though. Some of the best JRPGs of all time are in the 70s range. 

• Upvote 1