Bought some rare games with the intent of reselling them at a profit in the future.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

you made a mistake buying a LRG game. Given the recent controversy I doubt anything from them is going to be worth much. 

Lmfao, that shit will blow over by next week and people will move on. 

He bought Mark of the wolves... That was a good collectors purchase. 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

that side hustle was so unique, there were multiple reality shows based on it.....about ten years ago

Thanks for posting this. I fucking love that show. :kaz: 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's how much SMTV is selling for now on Switch?  Damn it...should have kept my copy instead traded it in after playing it. 

It's not the regular version, comes with a bunch of shit like a Jack Frost bag and the OST. Cheap trash but the box is really nice. 

I sold SMTIV Collector Edition at a profit and it was unsealed and had some tear and wear. This one though, it's staying safe in a box, not even seeing the light of day. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

If I were to unseal them I don't think I would be making a profit. 

But yeah, it's not like I never play the physical games I bought. Haha. The stuff I keep sealed are exceptional, or I simply never played them. 

I have a copy Taiko Drum Master for PS2 sealed complete with drums. 

But then I have a few 3ds games that I played like Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default.

52 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I have a copy Taiko Drum Master for PS2 sealed complete with drums. 

But then I have a few 3ds games that I played like Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default.

I was expecting a high price for your Taiko Drum but it's not that great. Probably because not that many people wants it or too many people have it, or both.

Taiko Drum Master Bundle (Sony PlayStation 2, 2004) PS2 New Sealed | eBay

Still a very cool collector item. Keep it for the time being. 

I saw plenty of overprice DS and 3DS JRPGs at the store I went to today. Make sure they don't get damaged, they usually have pretty decent resell value, so does most JRPGs on Nintendo systems, I find.

5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Gonna have to get a few limited editions of the next Zelda if there's a release. Love to take money from sheep they're the easiest target :dudebro:

That's easy and guaranteed profit. I got a few Amiibo who already exceed their initial value. Notably Joker from Persona 5. 

34 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's easy and guaranteed profit. I got a few Amiibo who already exceed their initial value. Notably Joker from Persona 5. 

And did you account for inflation since you bought and also your sales tax in these "flips"? 

Flipping videogames or collectibles is dumb in my opinion. You have no idea if it will increase in value or not. You are just hoping eventually someone will pay more. 90% of these flips are bad investments. 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

And did you account for inflation since you bought and also your sales tax in these "flips"? 

Flipping videogames or collectibles is dumb in my opinion. You have no idea if it will increase in value or not. You are just hoping eventually someone will pay more. 90% of these flips are bad investments. 

Taxes, yes. Inflation, no. It's not that old and it's already worth at least 400% of it's original value. You'd be right if I was only making a small profit margin over something I kept for a very long time.

I understand it's a risky investment but I have a knack for this. You kinda have to be into niche games already though. The mainstream stuff never really gains value because they're too readily available. Except Nintendo to some extent, I guess. 

I regret not buying and selling more actually. If I had known what I know now, I'd be making a decent side hustle out of this. Like I remember when N64s and Dreamcasts were going for $20 at flea shops because no one wanted them at the time. You could get like a pile of games for super cheap. I should have bought hundreds of units.  All of them. 

Yesterday's trash become today's hot retro items for enthusiasts. It's happening everywhere, just look at toys right now, they're all doing those retro styled collections because the actual originals are selling for thousands of dollars on the internet. It's a combination of nostalgia, demand and supply.

Of course if you don't game much you should stay out of this entirely.