HBO's TLOU receives glowing reviews!

GOAT series with the GOAT adaption :aitch:

Never a doubt given the people involved. 

All reviews, both from gaming outlets and tv outlets that haven't played the game are all saying how amazing it is! Exceeded expectations in every way!

96% at Rotten Tomato after 51 reviews

84 at Metacritic (higher than Chernobyl)

• Like 2
  • aitch 1

Looks like it will be way better than that dogshit Halo TV show with MasterCheeks.

This is how you handle a TV adaption of your popular franchise.

Sony continues to embarrass the retards that work over at MS.

I can't wait to watch it this weekend :aitch:

Edited by FIREPOWER

yeah, it definitely seems to be getting glowing reviews.

will be perfect viewing for this time of the year.

there is one thing that have gotten some of the fanboys in a bit of a tizzy.

apparently, they have removed the story aspect of spores being the spread of infection. Craig Mazin gave a fairly straightforward and logical answer as to why, because if the infection were to be caused by the spread of a pollen, then the spread of infection to all humans would be inevitable.

8 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Looks like it will be way better than that dogshit Halo TV show with MasterCheeks.

This is how you handle a TV adaption of your popular franchise.

Sony continues to embarrass the retards that work over at MS.

I can't wait to watch it this weekend :aitch:

Lmfao, I forgot all about the Halo TV series. TLHBFR :haloben:

• dead 1

I just saw it and it was fucking awesome.

It's sitting very high on IMDB and rotten tomatoes audience score too which means the general audience loved it as much as the critics did.

Sony keeps on embarrassing Microsoft even on TV adaptations :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER

Off to a great start. I'm so interested to see how people unfamiliar with the game take to it. I feel like I can't be totally objective when many scenes are directly staged like the game. The driving sequence was so similar. I'm honestly looking forward to more deviations from the source.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Off to a great start. I'm so interested to see how people unfamiliar with the game take to it. I feel like I can't be totally objective when many scenes are directly staged like the game. The driving sequence was so similar. I'm honestly looking forward to more deviations from the source.

Yeah I am basically looking at the future story hints with the dialogue they are making in the first episode.

What truly surprised me was the opening scene, which almost felt like something from Watchmen, but it cleanly establishes the science fiction logic very cleanly.

But the other scene that I wasn't aware of, and ended up being a bit of a surprise, was the little kid who they found at the front gate. I don't know if I misunderstood it, but I thought that scanner showing red meant showing he was negative and did not have anything wrong.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah I am basically looking at the future story hints with the dialogue they are making in the first episode.

What truly surprised me was the opening scene, which almost felt like something from Watchmen, but it cleanly establishes the science fiction logic very cleanly.

But the other scene that I wasn't aware of, and ended up being a bit of a surprise, was the little kid who they found at the front gate. I don't know if I misunderstood it, but I thought that scanner showing red meant showing he was negative and did not have anything wrong.

No, red means he was positive and had the virus. That confused me at first but the point where Ellie was being scanned later and the scanner turned up red for her confirms that red means you’re infected with the fungus.

Also I am reading that the virus was spread through flour from South America.

So the whole thing about them not eating pancakes in the morning, and the old lady being fed a biscuit is what plays into who gets infected.

Realistically, there's no way this can happen within a 24 hour period.

I think I Am Legend is the most realistic depiction of how the entire country would get overrun. It would take weeks, the Army would have already begun lockdowns, curfews, checkpoints.

And it would reach a boiling point where people are seeing that the Army cannot control it, and they all panic.

On 2023-01-16 at 1:12 AM, sugarhigh said:

Never played the game, thought it was a great first ep. 10/10

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Also I am reading that the virus was spread through flour from South America.

So the whole thing about them not eating pancakes in the morning, and the old lady being fed a biscuit is what plays into who gets infected.

Realistically, there's no way this can happen within a 24 hour period.

I think I Am Legend is the most realistic depiction of how the entire country would get overrun. It would take weeks, the Army would have already begun lockdowns, curfews, checkpoints.

And it would reach a boiling point where people are seeing that the Army cannot control it, and they all panic.

there was a poster showing the hours it would take to get infected based on body parts, I dont remember which scene though