I got carny goldfish like 3 years ago.. they’re pieces of shit and won’t die, but I’d like to switch to a salt tank after they get too big. Currently have a 29g tank so probably already too small for them, but I wanna get into coral reefs. Probably gonna upgrade to a 75g for that. 

GkAJf9o.jpg

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Earlier this year got a little tank with some small fish for the kids to look at but I've been enjoying having it around so may upgrade in the future.

What kind do you have and how big of a tank? 

I need to find a quicker process for water changes. 

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I can't. I have two cats. 

I wish my dog cared about the fish. I put his face right up to the glass and he just looks away. :D 

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

honestly got no idea on what type of fish but they are a lot smaller than goldfish.

Tank is small as, 15L I think.

it’s a decently cool hobby but I have no idea why I now have desires to have a much bigger, varied tank. I can only imagine the issues I’ll run into when or if I get a coral reef. 

be thankful you don’t have goldfish, they’re shit machines. Literally. Just turn everything to muck without constant upkeep. 

the rock in the center of my tank was white when I got it. Now it’s brown…. I got it over the summer. 😩

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

GkAJf9o.jpg

Here as the rock when I first got it 

u8XycJA.jpg

I don’t even know how to go about cleaning this thing  I have sponges and pads but they get torn up by the rock…:drake:

I hear you can put it in bleach but I feel that’s a sure fire way to kill my fish 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
3 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Damn, big tank?

No when I was a kid I had this 15 gallon tank I think it was?  I had basic fish like guppies and other stuff.. Then my sisters friend's friend was trying to get rid of 3 piranhas, an oscar and a newt so I took them.. The piranhas ate all teh fish in the tank obviously.. Then two of them ate the third piranha and the oscar.. and I ended up with two piranhas.  Fed them feeder goldfish from pet store.. 

Edited by Spicalicious
  • Geese 1

I had a couple dwarf puffer fish living with some sort of catfish type thing. It was cool, they are actually intelligent. They look right at you and tilt their head like a dog . Then my friends cat are them. 

11 hours ago, Cooke said:

I had a couple dwarf puffer fish living with some sort of catfish type thing. It was cool, they are actually intelligent. They look right at you and tilt their head like a dog . Then my friends cat are them. 

Jesus lol how do the cats get in the tank? Or just claw at them when they’re near the surface?

27 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Jesus lol how do the cats get in the tank? Or just claw at them when they’re near the surface?

The cat knocked the lid off the top and swatted the fish on the floor and watched them die. Cats are horrible creatures 

• Haha 1