Reuters: Microsoft faces EU antitrust warning over Activision deal - sources

https://www.reuters.com/technology/microsoft-faces-eu-antitrust-warning-over-activision-deal-sources-2023-01-16/

BRUSSELS, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Microsoft (MSFT.O) is likely to receive an EU antitrust warning about its $69 billion bid for "Call of Duty" maker Activision Blizzard (ATVI.O), people familiar with the matter said, that could pose another challenge to completing the deal.

The European Commission is readying a charge sheet known as a statement of objections setting out its concerns about the deal which will be sent to Microsoft in the coming weeks, the people said.

:mj: Lemshits told us this deal was as good as done when it was first announced and a year later it's running into these major stumbling blocks.

Activision/Blizzard is trash nowadays. Let them have it. 

I mean just look at that banner.

World of Warcraft? Way passed it's prime. 

Overwatch 2 is apparently a thing and no one gives a fuck.

Starcraft? Only Koreans actually cares. 

Candy Crush? LMAO.

So basically, CoD/Diablo as the viable IPs. 69 billion well spent.

Let them own themselves. Who cares about a monopoly on the dumpster fire that is Activision/Blizzard. 

16 hours ago, Ramza said:

Activision/Blizzard is trash nowadays. Let them have it. 

I mean just look at that banner.

World of Warcraft? Way passed it's prime. 

Overwatch 2 is apparently a thing and no one gives a fuck.

Starcraft? Only Koreans actually cares. 

Candy Crush? LMAO.

So basically, CoD/Diablo as the viable IPs. 69 billion well spent.

Let them own themselves. Who cares about a monopoly on the dumpster fire that is Activision/Blizzard. 

I agree.

Activision is trash but I want them to block the deal so I can watch lemshits cry and so that it sends a message to the shitty companies that are trying to consolidate the industry that they can't just buy out everything without doing any work for it.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

I agree.

Activision is trash but I ant them to block the deal so I can watch lemshits cry and so that it sends a message to the shitty companies that are trying to consolidate the industry that they can't just buy out everything without doing any work for it.

That's a good point. 

The FTC and EU says its bad for consumers meanwhile the Xkids eat up the propaganda and tell you it's good for consumers and they cry that it's a conspiracy to hold down the underdog, Microsoft, a company with a networth over a trillion dollars who is worth more than Nintendo, Sony and Valve combined, and this poor "underdog" is being persecuted and treated unfairly by everyone who dares to question its business practises or its lack of games.

We absolutely should be rounding up these people and taking the next steps.