Microsoft to lay off 10,000 employees between now and March 31st. Xbox and Bethesda also said to be impacted

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another thing jerky, if your in sales, how the fuck have you managed to post about one hundred thousand times on this site and still failed to sell us all the idea you own your own console?  

yep. microsoft is poison for the industry.   they've been buying studios and ruining everything about them for decades now, it started with Rare.   can't think of a single Ip that'

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

You just said a 7% profit loss is the same thing as a 5% RIF.  

No, I just said that you thought less-than-7% and 5% were entirely different things.

I love how I just caught you being stupid at reading.............again.:hest:

Your GED education is showing.

I love how you have never been anything than an entry-level worker.

You don't even have your own cubicle, you share one.:lawl::lawl:

This is the problem with Microsoft.

When things like this happen, its just a forumula-driven across the board cuts, that affect every single group.

People should absolutely be scared that Microsoft would close entire dev teams that have worked solely on an IP.

Microsoft Flight Simulator and Age of Empires aren't even developed by the original developers.

Microsoft doesn't care. They'll close the studio, and just move the IP to some other studio, or contract it out.

Or if they lose enough money, and they need to cut expenses really quick, Microsoft will simply cut entire divisions. They cared about Windows Phone, until they abruptly didn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Casual said:

yep. microsoft is poison for the industry.

they've been buying studios and ruining everything about them for decades now, it started with Rare.

can't think of a single Ip that's improved after coming under MS control.

This has been my crusade for the past 20 years. All these companies have their ups and downs, some are worse than others  but Microsoft is the only one I would describe as truly poison.

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

This is the problem with Microsoft.

When things like this happen, its just a forumula-driven across the board cuts, that affect every single group.

People should absolutely be scared that Microsoft would close entire dev teams that have worked solely on an IP.

Microsoft Flight Simulator and Age of Empires aren't even developed by the original developers.

Microsoft doesn't care. They'll close the studio, and just move the IP to some other studio, or contract it out.

Or if they lose enough money, and they need to cut expenses really quick, Microsoft will simply cut entire divisions. They cared about Windows Phone, until they abruptly didn't.

I remember they bought Ensemble and FASA studios which were quite well liked aming hermitd at the time. Ensemble gets put on Halo wars the most barebones RTD ever made, and they're shut down before its even released. FASA made a few games, got put on a shadowrun online competitive shooter which no-one asked for and then shut down.

Why buy companies if you're going to give them suicide assignments and then start arranging the shutdowns before the games are even released?

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

So many gaming journalists/podcasters have said MS buying Activision would establish a healthy work environment after Kotic. Instead a ton of them are just gonna get fired.

these people are idiots who just read the nice things phil says on twitter and don't look at the reality of how businesses on that scale are run.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Now he’s backtracking :blessed:

Nope, I'm not.

Go and read my post again.

Oh that's right...............you attempting to read is what got you in trouble in the first place :hest:Since you are below-GED levels of stupid.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

No, I just said that you thought less-than-7% and 5% were entirely different things.

I love how I just caught you being stupid at reading.............again.:hest:

Your GED education is showing.

I love how you have never been anything than an entry-level worker.

You don't even have your own cubicle, you share one.:lawl::lawl:

Jerky. aren’t you a receptionist?

7 minutes ago, Cell said:

Jerky. aren’t you a receptionist?

I love it when you trying to come in and type a post that is clearly a blatant attempt to help others.

Please............for my amusement, try to give me some background on where you got the idea that I was a receptionist.

This should be fun to hear:drake:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I love it when you trying to come in and type a post that is clearly a blatant attempt to help others.

Please............for my amusement, try to give me some background on where you got the idea that I was a receptionist.

This should be fun to hear:drake:

Ok, before, you said you were ‘front of house’ for a local machining company. 

That’s a reception lady. You do that while the real men machine parts in the workshop. 

:mjgrin:

11 minutes ago, Cell said:

Ok, before, you said you were ‘front of house’ for a local machining company. 

No, I've never said that.

Never used "front", never used "house"

The word I used was "sales" Multiple times.

So............you magically remember the "machining company" part............but you also MAGICALLY don't remember the word "sales" that I used multiple times.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I've never said that.

Never used "front", never used "house"

The word I used was "sales" Multiple times.

So............you magically remember the "machining company" part............but you also MAGICALLY don't remember the word "sales" that I used multiple times.

Jerky we both know you're head of the fax machine. :ufdup:

:mj:

Another thing jerky, if your in sales, how the fuck have you managed to post about one hundred thousand times on this site and still failed to sell us all the idea you own your own console?

:cruise:

Edited by Cell
  • dead 2
1 hour ago, Cell said:

:cruise:

I now have him attempting new material.

he might as well have a sign on him that says "Yes, I know my bait failed" :tom:

The funny part is that his post indicates that he's been lurking in threads about other people's failed claims about me. He's thinking about me that much.