Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 wins IGN’s readers most anticipated game for 2023 barely edging out Zelda TotK

Not surprised. Spiderman 2 is my most anticipated game this year as well. I don’t think people understand how huge of an IP Spiderman is nowadays especially with the inclusion of Venom. Spiderman Miles Morales is still charting on NPD more than 2 years after it launched. Spiderman 2 is about to dwarf Spiderman 1 and Miles Morales’ popularity.

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Not surprised. Spiderman 2 is my most anticipated game this year as well. I don’t think people understand how huge of an IP Spiderman is nowadays especially with the inclusion of Venom. Spiderman Miles Morales is still charting on NPD more than 2 years after it launched. Spiderman 2 is about to dwarf Spiderman 1 and Miles Morales’ popularity.

2 years?  Pffft BOTW charted for over 5 years. 

BOTW will have the higher sales potential because of the huge switch user base. 

Spider-Man 2 is PS5 only. 

With that said.. Both will sell. Boatloads more than anything on Xbox. 

51 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yeah, we know Nintendo fans (soccer moms) are retarded and don't mind paying full price for old, overrated, family friendly Nintendo trash. 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

😁 I’m not comparing it to Zelda. Everyone knows Nintendo games sell like crack cocaine and don’t go down in price. I’m comparing it to the previous Spidey game which sold 30 million copies on Playstation alone. This one will sell way more than that especially with the addition of Venom. The two top selling games on that list will probably be Spidey 2 and Zelda.

Edited by FIREPOWER
32 minutes ago, Cell said:

2023’s most anticipated game…Sony bought insomniac for £230 million, MS bought Bethesda for 9 billion. 

Last-time MS worked with Insomniac we got Sunset Overdrive. I can't say if the game was good or bad but it certainly wasn't a commercial success.

Just now, Goukosan said:

You payed full price for soul hackers 2...sit the fuck down :drake:

Yeah, full price for pre-ordering a new game is pretty normal.

Meanwhile, Nintendo are selling launch Switch titles for full price because they know their typical fanbase are that retarded and clueless.

But anyway, it's good to know that Soul Hackers 2 makes you this bitter. :lul: 

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Last-time MS worked with Insomniac we got Sunset Overdrive. I can't say if the game was good or bad but it certainly wasn't a commercial success.

True but my point was Sony bought a company who have already helped the PS5 with two games (Ratchet/Miles Morales) and are about to put out most anticipated game of the year. Hands down that’s smart business. Bethesda on the other hand were 39 times more expensive than insomniac and have yet to release a game or more importantly, push the series X sales which is clearly why they bought them. 

MS’ incompetence is just shocking at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, full price for pre-ordering a new game is pretty normal.

Meanwhile, Nintendo are selling launch Switch titles for full price because they know their typical fanbase are that retarded and clueless.

But anyway, it's good to know that Soul Hackers 2 makes you this bitter. :lul: 

You're the one who paid full price for the trash Soul Hackers 2 :drake:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're the one who paid full price for the trash Soul Hackers 2 :drake:

Only a complete non-gamer would freak out over the idea of having bought a game that turned out to be worse than expected.

Not to mention, Soul Hackers 2 would actually be a pretty decent JRPG if it wasn't a complete grindfest with filler dungeons. The combat system is great and just as good as other SMT games.

Meanwhile, your main system is a shitty handheld with Xbox 360 level specs that you buy full price games for. You are in no position to talk, really. 

Sit down, Cuckosan. 

12 minutes ago, Cell said:

True but my point was Sony bought a company who have already helped the PS5 with two games (Ratchet/Miles Morales) and are about to put out most anticipated game of the year. Hands down that’s smart business. Bethesda on the other hand were 39 times more expensive than insomniac and have yet to release a game or more importantly, push the series X sales which is clearly why they bought them. 

MS’ incompetence is just shocking at this point. 

Oh, I completely agree with that. I'm just pointing out that Insomniac under MS probably wouldn't be making some super anticipated game like Spider-Man 2.

MS have no idea how to tap into their first and second party studios real potential. All they think about is IPs previous popularity. Look at how they managed to ruin both Gears and Halo reputations, by far their biggest franchises. They're completely clueless and have 0 creativity. 

• Upvote 1
  • dead 1