Granblue Versus Rising announced: New characters, stages, mechanics, moves, story, rollback and crossplay and more

On 2023-01-21 at 8:24 AM, Ramza said:

Fuck ASW and their constant rereleases that no one asked for. What a shitty, outdated business model. 

Actually, it's not them. Its Cygames. People have been asking for rollback netcode for this game for well over a year now and ASW wanted to do it but couldn't because Cygames had the final say. Cygames has purposely been sidestepping the request and now we know why...

ASW has put rollback in pretty much all of their games at this point, some of those games the update was free ( Accent Core and BlazBlue IIRC). The other games that got rollback were re-released but its understandable, getting rollback in games is not a simple or cheap process for newer games.

20 hours ago, Sabo said:

Actually, it's not them. Its Cygames. People have been asking for rollback netcode for this game for well over a year now and ASW wanted to do it but couldn't because Cygames had the final say. Cygames has purposely been sidestepping the request and now we know why...

ASW has put rollback in pretty much all of their games at this point, some of those games the update was free ( Accent Core and BlazBlue IIRC). The other games that got rollback were re-released but its understandable, getting rollback in games is not a simple or cheap process for newer games.

I see. Still hate the constant re-releases and I'm surprised people care about this with DNF and GG Strive as alternatives.

By the way, bought a niche anime fighter on steam for a few $ called Chaos Code. This game is amazing. Some of the most responsive controls I ever experienced and the 2D animations are pretty freaking good. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

GB Vs. Is honestly pretty good. Only thing holding it back was the shit netcode which is why the playerbase wanted rollback so badly. DnF is broken trash with gameplay so simple it pretty much got solved within a month so a lot players dropped it pretty quick. And Strive... ehh. Strive ain't really a GG game, I went back to Rev2.

Yeah. I heard of that game, haven't played it though. I don't really play Fighters that much anymore though. Mainly just stick to a couple games (Rev2 and Tekken) and really only play them for a little bit every now and then.  

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Sabo said:

GB Vs. Is honestly pretty good. Only thing holding it back was the shit netcode which is why the playerbase wanted rollback so badly. DnF is broken trash with gameplay so simple it pretty much got solved within a month so a lot players dropped it pretty quick. And Strive... ehh. Strive ain't really a GG game, I went back to Rev2.

Yeah. I heard of that game, haven't played it though. I don't really play Fighters that much anymore though. Mainly just stick to a couple games (Rev2 and Tekken) and really only play them for a little bit every now and then.  

Yeah, I've played it at launch, I liked the  story mode with the lite RPG elements. But I really didn't play the game much beyond that.

DnF is supposed to get a huge rebalance patch. I've seen infinite combos and shit, I didn't know it was because the system was simple and shallow. I just assumed it was poorly balanced and had glitches/exploits. I love the look of that game though, I'll probably get it on sale at some point.

Strive is my least played GG game ever. My dude Slayer not being in the game doesn't help. I didn't like the new gimmicky mechanics either, not like I played it enough to get a good grasp of them but it seemed like unnecessary additions to me.

The only fighting game I play seriously is Street Fighter. I won't need anything else once VI is out tbh.