RUMOR] Miller Ross (Crystal Dynamics leaker): Perfect Dark hit road bumps, now expected to release at least a year after Tomb Raider

Xbox has no games. This is literally the one game from MS that I actually care about and we haven’t seen SHIT since the proof of concept Trailer what like 3 years ago now? At least lemfucks will get another Forza. :hest: 

• Haha 1

Who is asking for Perfect Dark in 2023 from a studio with no connection to its history? This is a Rare game released at the end of N64 that didn't exceed its predecessor Goldeneye. It's remembered mainly by hardcore Nintendo fans in their 40s. The reboot that launched Xbox 360 was poorly received.

You don't need to keep returning to the well on this mediocre franchise just to put a suitcase gun in a game. You can put the suitcase gun in a new game I promise.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Upvote 2
On 2023-01-22 at 10:10 AM, sugarhigh said:

Who is asking for Perfect Dark in 2023 from a studio with no connection to its history? This is a Rare game released at the end of N64 that didn't exceed its predecessor Goldeneye. It's remembered mainly by hardcore Nintendo fans in their 40s. The reboot that launched Xbox 360 was poorly received.

You don't need to keep returning to the well on this mediocre franchise just to put a suitcase gun in a game. You can put the suitcase gun in a new game I promise.

this is why people should be leery of Microsoft buying out entire publishers.

The developers behind those key games will just turn into interchangeable employees, and Microsoft won't care.

Its so ridiculously stupid that they don't pair up Perfect Dark with its original developer. Why even try to sell people on the nostalgia of Perfect Dark to begin with?

41 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

The last one sucked, so who cares? They should just scrap it, IMO. 

Also, i doubt rare has any employees that made the original still. 

Of course they all have left, not like any of them wants to keep working under a publisher that threats them like a bunch of interchangeable cog wheels.

They killed Banjo Kazooie, they killed Perfect Dark, they let Conker die after the original Xbox game. Now it's time to make some Kinect trash. Because Wii Sports was popular. 

Kameo could have been a franchise but they failed to capitalize on it. Like everything else MS touch. 

Edited by Ramza
33 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Of course they all have left, not like any of them wants to keep working under a publisher that threats them like a bunch of interchangeable cog wheels.

They killed Banjo Kazooie, they killed Perfect Dark, they let Conker die after the original Xbox game. Now it's time to make some Kinect trash. Because Wii Sports was popular. 

Kameo could have been a franchise but they failed to capitalize on it. Like everything else MS touch. 

More so because it came out over 20 years ago. 

Sea of Thieves is not my cup of tea but has a decently healthy user base last I heard. 

1 hour ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

More so because it came out over 20 years ago. 

Sea of Thieves is not my cup of tea but has a decently healthy user base last I heard. 

You're just a disgusting MS shill aren't you? I'm bringing up Rare heritage and you're bringing up Sea of Turds and the retarded gen Z fanbase who likes social gaming because they lack an actual social life. LMAO.

Just now, Ramza said:

You're just a disgusting MS shill aren't you? I'm bringing up Rare heritage and you're bringing up Sea of Turds and the retarded gen Z fanbase who likes social gaming because they lack an actual social life. LMAO.

No, what I’m saying is even if MS didn’t buy Rare there would likely be no employees there that worked on the original. 

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

No, what I’m saying is even if MS didn’t buy Rare there would likely be no employees there that worked on the original. 

Here's a trick question for your dumbass. 

Do you think no one working at Bungie right now has worked on Halo CE that came out 20 years ago?

Do you think no one at Nintendo right now has worked on NES games from 35 years ago? 

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Here's a trick question for your dumbass. 

Do you think no one working at Bungie right now has worked on Halo CE that came out 20 years ago?

Do you think no one at Nintendo right now has worked on NES games from 35 years ago? 

Not many, no. Most of the important people from Rare left before even being bought by MS. Most people who did the original Halo also left Bungie.

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Not many, no. Most of the important people from Rare left before even being bought by MS. Most people who did the original Halo also left Bungie.

Man, trying to get info about original devs is way harder than I expected and I don't care enough to go deeper. Like apparently 182 employees stayed with Bungie when they went on to make Destiny but who knows who is part of the original team.

You win this one. Rare under MS is still fucking garbage though.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Man, trying to get info about original devs is way harder than I expected and I don't care enough to go deeper. Like apparently 182 employees stayed with Bungie when they went on to make Destiny but who knows who is part of the original team.

You win this one. Rare under MS is still fucking garbage though.

Couldn’t agree more ! 

• Like 1