Forspoken bombs - 5.0 at GS

Square Enix are so talented. This is their big attempt at making a current gen game with their new fancy graphics engine.

Are you guys still excited for FFXVI? Hahahahahaha. Queen Laughing GIF

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Square Enix are so talented. This is their big attempt at making a current gen game with their new fancy graphics engine.   Are you guys still excited for FFXVI? Hahahahahaha. 

You posted this 

Posted Images

On 2023-01-25 at 11:20 PM, Ramza said:

Square Enix are so talented. This is their big attempt at making a current gen game with their new fancy graphics engine.

Are you guys still excited for FFXVI? Hahahahahaha. Queen Laughing GIF

I'm worried for DQ 12 TBH, apparently a lot of the veteran staff that has worked on the DQ series for years aren't working on the new DQ game. Last thing I want is DQ becoming another shitty Square Enix Action RPG...

59 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I'm worried for DQ 12 TBH, apparently a lot of the veteran staff that has worked on the DQ series for years aren't working on the new DQ game. Last thing I want is DQ becoming another shitty Square Enix Action RPG...

Oh god please no. DQ is the last bastion of somewhat high budget turn based RPGs. 

DQXI sold really well from what I remember. Maybe not so much outside of Japan but still a profitable game no doubt. It wouldn't even make sense for them to drop what makes it's identity. Like there's already tons of spin off if they really want to experiment in other directions, just leave the main series has it's meant to be.

4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Didn't they already say they were revamping the combat for dq12?

50 minutes ago, Casual said:

Didn't they already say they were revamping the combat for dq12?

First time I've heard about this. With SE though, revamping tends to mean "real-time" combat though... Last thing I want is a real time combat system for DQ. Fuck that shit.

Just now, Sabo said:

First time I've heard about this. With SE though, revamping tends to mean "real-time" combat though... Last thing I want is a real time combat system for DQ. Fuck that shit.

Yeah as much as I dig the FFVII Remake combat, not sure it works with DQ. Like Ramza said, it's really the last of the "AAA" traditional JRPGs. I'd just leave it as is. Hopefully they get some better battle music for XII though, listening to the trash from XI for like 70 hours playtime was tough.

• Haha 1
On 2023-01-25 at 5:35 AM, Twinblade said:

God damn the writing alone is enough to make me want to steer clear of this game.

bruh I honestly feel bad for that girl portraying her. It's like cringe flashback to the control girl. sad.