What's a good place I can just fuck off to and live life with some savings?

Why on earth would you go to the UK?  :tom: 

If you're serious about it take some short travels around Eastern Europe and the Balkans, or visit the Philippines. Don't spend too much, just go around to see if the places align with your needs and if you could see yourself living there. Or take on short term jobs in different countries, take your money and bounce if you get bored.

Just now, bhytre said:

Why on earth would you go to the UK?  :tom: 

I like grey, communist bloc buildings and 1984 Orwell vibes :happysad:

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

If you're serious about it take some short travels around Eastern Europe and the Balkans, or visit the Philippines. Don't spend too much, just go around to see if the places align with your needs and if you could see yourself living there. Or take on short term jobs in different countries, take your money and bounce if you get bored.

I've actually been to the Balkans a bit. They are very affordable but the economies are mostly bad, so getting employment would be hard. They treat tourists well too. 

Haven't been to Western Europe much though. Or Scandinavia, for that matter. 

Do you know if traveling by train from balkans to West Europe is feasible, or not really? also, how are you liking belgium :ben: 

12 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

I like grey, communist bloc buildings and 1984 Orwell vibes :happysad:

I've actually been to the Balkans a bit. They are very affordable but the economies are mostly bad, so getting employment would be hard. They treat tourists well too. 

Haven't been to Western Europe much though. Or Scandinavia, for that matter. 

Do you know if traveling by train from balkans to West Europe is feasible, or not really? also, how are you liking belgium :ben: 

Let's clear this out of the way first, I hate Belgium it's a boring grey shithole it's just UK lite :tom: 

I lived in Montenegro for a year during covid, been to all the neighboring countries. But you're right if you don't have a job lined up or connections it will be hard, if you have some remote job that you can do you can live like a boss if you make $1.5-2k

There's not really a good train network in the Balkans, it would be quite a hassle trying to navigate that way since it's also a mountainous region. But there are ferries that can take you to Italy etc.

Just make a plan and take some calculated risks when you're set on a destination

Edited by bhytre
1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Any thoughts on France?

Also, if you think UK is expensive, Australia would blow your mind lol

You'd have to deal with French people and there arrogance. Although, the French accent on a woman.....:wow2:

Europe is cool AF in general. France is OK I guess. UK is cool but unless you can walk into a high paying job you wouldn't be better than off than in the states (guessing that's where you are). Germans are serious AF with no sense of humour, nice enough though. The Dutch are like friendlier Germans with legal weed. Scandinavian countries are rich AF, left-wing as shit but also friendly. Southern Europe, so Italy, Spain and to a lesser extent greece, are shouty, loud people but once you realize they're not mad at you, they're also pretty damn friendly and parts of southern Europe (Barcelona and multiple cities in Italy are absolutely stunning with rich culture. 

Sure Australia is expensive but there's plenty of work I hear, people go and survive, comfortably, for a long time.

I guess it depends what you want, money or lifestyle. 

• Haha 1

This thread reminds me that I really gotta get back to traveling. Last trip I went on was to Ireland back in 2019 and It was such a great time.

I really want to visit somewhere in Asia next but the travel time is brutal. You pretty much have to set aside 3-4 days in your itinerary just for the flights. As someone with limited PTO at work it really isn't ideal.