‘The Last of Us’ Scores HBO’s Largest-Ever Viewership Growth for a Drama From Premiere to Episode 2

HBO's megahit The Last of Us keeps spreading its tendrils further. After scoring the network's second-biggest premiere of the decade, the adaptation is now one of the fastest-growing in HBO history. Nielsen's ratings from the series' second episode spiked from 4.7 to 5.7 million across linear airings and HBO Max streams, representing a 22% growth in viewership from the premiere. It marks the largest growth of any HBO original drama from the premiere to week 2.

The premiere episode has reached 18 million viewers, nearly 4x that of viewership on the day of its release. With HBO noting that same-day viewership only accounts for around 20 to 40% of an episode's total gross audience, "Infected" has plenty of room to grow still.

The GOAT Of Us is a mega success in gaming and now TV  :aitch:.

:wow2: If only Floplo could have half the success of TLOU. Microsoft is probably kicking themselves over their mishandling of the Halo franchise both with the games and the dogshit TV show on Paramount.

3 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

The GOAT Of Us is a mega success in gaming and now TV  :aitch:.

:wow2: If only Floplo could have half the success of TLOU. Microsoft is probably kicking themselves over their mishandling of the Halo franchise both with the games and the dogshit TV show on Paramount.

8.0 lmfao

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

100% agreed, an amazing PC game.

It will be an amazing on PC too when it arrives :aitch:  (hasn't arrived yet on PC but it's coming soon)

Everyone but lemshits will get to enjoy greatness :vabe:

Edited by FIREPOWER

Absolute banger so far. I’d go as far as to say it’s reinventing zombie movies/shows, after endless recent garbage like netflix’s Resident Evil and to a lesser extent the boring dead, TLOU is grabbing motherfuckers by the neck and making them take the genre seriously whilst being the best new TV show in recent memory. 

I’m all in. 

Edited by Cell
  • Like 1

It's really good.   I've never played the game so I am really enjoying it.  I've watched comparisons of the game vs the show and I like the little tweeks which make sense as far as a game narrative adapted to a tv show. They took out the gameplay elements that made no sense.  Really well done.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, lostfool said:

It's really good.   I've never played the game so I am really enjoying it.  I've watched comparisons of the game vs the show and I like the little tweeks which make sense as far as a game narrative adapted to a tv show. They took out the gameplay elements that made no sense.  Really well done.  

yup, while still mentioning some of the character's quirks  (not a real spoiler, but still)

Spoiler

in the game, since Ellie can't swim, you would have to do these tedious "puzzles" to get her to dry areas. they did a nice job referencing it, without bogging down the momentum.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm going to pick up the remake later down the line.

Same. I haven’t bought the remake yet but the show is making me wanna go back and play the first game. I’ll buy the remake just for that. Sony’s idea to do a remake was genius even though the receiver backlash for it. 

17 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Pretty good so far, but how far can they go? 2-3 seasons? As long as it doesn’t turn into the walking dead I’m on board. Chernobyl was fantastic but what, 4 or 5 episodes? 

Yeah I hate when networks run a good show into the ground by wanting to drag it on.

They just gave the green light to Season 2.

I haven't caught up with the companion podcast, but I think people have said that Craig Mazin had indicated that Part II would have to be split up into two seasons, or series.

So, this probably explains why Naughty Dog hasn't done any real upgrade to the PS4 version of TLOU2. All they did was provide a 60fps patch, and not really much of anything else.

They may be prepping a TLOU2 remastered, ideally it would be nice to combine it with their factions multiplayer. Which some people speculate would have a co-op multiplayer campaign, since screenshots specifically show just two people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They just gave the green light to Season 2.

I haven't caught up with the companion podcast, but I think people have said that Craig Mazin had indicated that Part II would have to be split up into two seasons, or series.

So, this probably explains why Naughty Dog hasn't done any real upgrade to the PS4 version of TLOU2. All they did was provide a 60fps patch, and not really much of anything else.

They may be prepping a TLOU2 remastered, ideally it would be nice to combine it with their factions multiplayer. Which some people speculate would have a co-op multiplayer campaign, since screenshots specifically show just two people.

eh, i just want tlou 3.

• Like 1

Just caught up with it, it's good. I didn't care much for the game so I don't really have any attachment to any characters so just going in open minded about it. I even watched the extras and was surprised the care that went in the show. 

I saw some retards crying because the show mentioned global warming which wasn't in the game, but they seem to really put a bit of research into fungi and have been building on the game's lore and adding stuff that makes sense from a fake science way. Without spoiling ep 2 but the way certain packs react. It's definitely something that adds to the tension organically to the plot. 

This is what you want to see when Hollywood adapts a game or comic book or whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1