Golden Eye 007 coming to Game Pass and Switch Online on January 27

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely, it was already outdated by the time we had real shooters on consoles like Halo CE and Timesplitters using dual analog sticks controls.   But that soundtrack is still godly. I'd p

I know. I was getting ahead of myself with Halo 2. 

Retro game meets retro hardware  

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Campaign - Half Life >>>>>

Multiplayer - UT99 >>>>>>

I was a partial hermit back in the day (my dad owned gangsta af PCs). 

That's great for PCs but golden eye was the first block buster AAA FPS game on consoles both commercially and critically. 

It showed there was a huge market for FPS multiplayer on consoles. 

Prior do that FPS games on consoles didn't do that great and it was thought of as a PC focused genre. 

26 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Without the memory pack PD is garbo.  It should have been a memory pack only game. 

But with it... Shiiiiiiit.. Played much better both in single player and Multi. 

it was still terrible with it. by then, pc games were leagues ahead of it.

52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Goldeneye should get credit for its varied levels and mission objectives. That game did a lot of cool and different things besides just going around shooting people like in most other shooters.

It was solid. Just overrated. 

45 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Golden eye was the shit. Lol @ nerdmits missing out on godly split screen play in favor of playing alone in their dark and moldy basements. 

I loved Goldeneye but the MP wasn't very good, people liked it because it was a novelty.

Even Duke Nukem 64 was a much better multiplayer game because the campaign had coop. 

If me and my buds wanted a good 4 players game on N64 we would play WCW/NWO Revenge or Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye was pretty much the last choice. 

Hermits had Diablo playable online in 1997 and it raped everything on the N64. TSHBR. 

48 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Golden eye was the shit. Lol @ nerdmits missing out on godly split screen play in favor of playing alone in their dark and moldy basements. 

I’m sure they were upset playing superior FPSs at more than double the framerate. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I loved Goldeneye but the MP wasn't very good, people liked it because it was a novelty.

Even Duke Nukem 64 was a much better multiplayer game because the campaign had coop. 

If me and my buds wanted a good 4 players game on N64 we would play WCW/NWO Revenge or Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye was pretty much the last choice. 

Hermits had Diablo playable online in 1997 and it raped everything on the N64. TSHBR. 

Wrestling and Kart games had success on consoles already. 

Back then FPS on consoles were an afterthought, it wasn't thought of a genre that consoles players wanted or cared for.  Was seen as a PC centric genre. 

Golden Eye changed all that and showed that their was a market for FPS games on consoles. 

22 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If you had friends, GoldenEye>>>>>

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:|

The Xbox 360 version had various graphical upgrades. The new one is a straight port, same N64 assets. No ideas why they didn't use that one though.