Forza Motorsport 8 Showcase: 4K, 60FPS, In-Game Ray Tracing

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Forza Motorsport to have in game raytracing, 4k/60fps
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Forza Motorsport 8 Showcase: 4K, 60FPS, In-Game Ray Tracing

this doesn't even look close to "sim" anymore. This feels like an early 2000's era Need for Speed game.

LOL a big 1970's muscle car brushes up against a Gremlin, and the Gremlin pushes the much heavier muscle car off the road.

And they basically said "Good News, we have 25% new tracks!"

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot. AND they have no release date yet. Refall is as far out as late May, and they were able to get a date for that game. Does that mean that they can't even promise Forza within the first half of 2023?

Edited by jehurey

Visually it rapes GT7, especially the ray tracing and the track detail.

But again, Forza 7 already did that.

Also, sound wise, it feels more immersive.

I am guessing the demo track will be Kyalami to showcase the new track detail, along with a quick show of the dynamic weather.

My two concerns are replay camera angles and wheel integration.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

holy fuck! i just watched the video. now THAT is a next gen racer!

Its because is going to be strictly Series game.

I am hopping it plays awesome on Series X.

GT7 was built from the ground on PS4.

On PS5 it looks like an upscaled game.

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

this doesn't even look close to "sim" anymore. This feels like an early 2000's era Need for Speed game.

LOL a big 1970's muscle car brushes up against a Gremlin, and the Gremlin pushes the much heavier muscle car off the road.

And they basically said "Good News, we have 25% new tracks!"

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot. AND they have no release date yet. Refall is as far out as late May, and they were able to get a date for that game. Does that mean that they can't even promise Forza within the first half of 2023?

Redfall is 5/2 .. 

21 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Its because is going to be strictly Series game.

I am hopping it plays awesome on Series X.

GT7 was built from the ground on PS4.

On PS5 it looks like an upscaled game.

yeah, gt7 is visually underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

How? Lol GT doesn’t even have real damage, in 2023. Looks a gen behind as well. 

I said classier, as in you can tell Polyphony truly love cars, it shows in every facet, it's like an encyclopedia book on the history of automobiles. It's neat, it's classy and has addictive long campaigns with a multitude of cars to choose from, even extremely niche stuff. 

Forza Motorsport is more like Fast and Furious. It's dumb, loud and obnoxious. FM7 is the worst racing game I've ever played. Granted that was during a short brief time at a friend's house and his Xbox One crashed from overheating. 

Who cares about damage? I want to look at my dream cars, not a car wreck from a crash. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I said classier, as in you can tell Polyphony truly love cars, it shows in every facet, it's like an encyclopedia book on the history of automobiles. It's neat, it's classy and has addictive long campaigns with a multitude of cars to choose from, even extremely niche stuff. 

Forza Motorsport is more like Fast and Furious. It's dumb, loud and obnoxious. FM7 is the worst racing game I've ever played. Granted that was during a short brief time at a friend's house and his Xbox One crashed from overheating. 

Who cares about damage? I want to look at my dream cars, not a car wreck from a crash. 

Sounds like you just want to sit in the showcase and view cars.  That’s cool, but a racing sim should be realistic. No damage removes all immersion. If I can hit a wall at 90 mph and get a scratch, I’d say that’s more arcade than sim. 

3 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Sounds like you just want to sit in the showcase and view cars.  That’s cool, but a racing sim should be realistic. No damage removes all immersion. If I can hit a wall at 90 mph and get a scratch, I’d say that’s more arcade than sim. 

crash cosmetics aside, gt does offer more for car enthusiasts, especially ones who buy accessories like steering wheels.

but yeah, visually, there's no competition.