High Fi rush shadow dropped today (Xbox/Pc)

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I had read that Tango was announcing a new game and was hoping it would be Evil Within 3 :mjcry:

But this actually looks kind of interesting. I have gamepass so there's no reason not to try it out.

I was thinking of playing evil within, so I assume they are good? bangpass ⛷️

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I was thinking of playing evil within, so I assume they are good? bangpass ⛷️

I didn't like the first game. Second game is good but very forgettable and formulaic. 

Oh wait, it's a rythmn/action game hybrid. HARD FUCKING PASS.

Whoever came up with the idea of ruining normal games by imposing rhythm needs to die in a fire. Fucking trash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

Oh wait, it's a rythmn/action game hybrid. HARD FUCKING PASS.

Whoever came up with the idea of ruining normal games by imposing rhythm needs to die in a fire. Fucking trash.

word!

• Upvote 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

word!

Man, I thought I was the only one. 

I played a FPS rhythmn hybrid on PC and it drove me mad. I don't even remember the name. Shooting on cue with the music, who the fuck think it's a good idea? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Man, I thought I was the only one. 

I played a FPS rhythmn hybrid on PC and it drove me mad. I don't even remember the name. Shooting on cue with the music, who the fuck think it's a good idea? 

i tried playing cadence of hyrule. i hated it so much.

• Upvote 1

yeah with the circles in the middle, I thought it involved some sort of, almost Paper Mario-esque, timing based prompt to use while fighting enemies.

So, like a combination of a melee action game, with timing prompts.

Still somewhat interesting.

This game is actually kind of cool :obama:the animation quality is legitimately great, even if the general art style won't be everyone's cup of tea. It kind of looks like a hybrid of Sunset Overdrive and NMH3 but mixed with some slick 2D animated cutscenes.

And while Im not great at timing my attacks so far it is pretty satisfying when you manage to string together combos that line up with the beat.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ok I just beat the first boss and this game is honestly pretty awesome. Ya'll need to give it a try.

Does it seem like a lot of game for 30? I'm already playing Rollerdrome and Neon White which might be similar. Is it a must play now.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

Does it seem like a lot of game for 30? I'm already playing Rollerdrome and Neon White which might be similar. Is it a must play now.

it seems to be around 8-12 hours long so yeah it’s pretty much a full length game (at least by action game standards). I’m not sure if it’s a must play right now but other people who are further than me consider it a AAA quality game. In fact its got over a 9.0 user rating on metacritic which is pretty rare.

This game feels like i woke up in 1999 and bought my first Sega Dreamcast game.

Im havent even finished this game and its probably my favorite game of the gen. Hits all the marks for me. Action game + Rhythm game with an 80s Saturday morning cartoon art style. You can tell the care that was put into this game. It really is something special. 

Challenging as hell also once you get past the first few tracks and you unlock parry.  The combat system is way deeper than i would have imagined. Almost too much for me to remember. It really opens up and gets crazy as you unlock more of the assist characters and abilities.  Boss variety is awesome and varied and every encounter feels different as you go since you keep on getting new abilities. One boss you have to beat only with using parry. Parry the beat when it drops. Its hard but so satisfying when you nail it.

Graphics are amazing and the way the world beats to the music is a nice little touch. The cartoon cutscenes are also so well done and the characters are all likeable and funny. The only thing i feel they could have improved was the basic movement speed as its a little slow and i had to turn the controller sensitivity to max and i still feel it could go up a little more.

I know you mutants live to come here and hate xbox and the lemmings you created to keep your existence here all day relevant, but id go out and check this game out. Its great. Im on track nine and im hoping to finish it up tonight.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JonbX said:

This game feels like i woke up in 1999 and bought my first Sega Dreamcast game.

Im havent even finished this game and its probably my favorite game of the gen. Hits all the marks for me. Action game + Rhythm game with an 80s Saturday morning cartoon art style. You can tell the care that was put into this game. It really is something special. 

Challenging as hell also once you get past the first few tracks and you unlock parry.  The combat system is way deeper than i would have imagined. Almost too much for me to remember. It really opens up and gets crazy as you unlock more of the assist characters and abilities.  Boss variety is awesome and varied and every encounter feels different as you go since you keep on getting new abilities. One boss you have to beat only with using parry. Parry the beat when it drops. Its hard but so satisfying when you nail it.

Graphics are amazing and the way the world beats to the music is a nice little touch. The cartoon cutscenes are also so well done and the characters are all likeable and funny. The only thing i feel they could have improved was the basic movement speed as its a little slow and i had to turn the controller sensitivity to max and i still feel it could go up a little more.

I know you mutants live to come here and hate xbox and the lemmings you created to keep your existence here all day relevant, but id go out and check this game out. Its great. Im on track nine and im hoping to finish it up tonight.

I love the look of this game but I can't stand music rhythm shit in general, especially when it's in a typically non rhythm game genre. It doesn't compute in my brain. 

Like I will probably give this a try anyway at some point but not at that price.