High Fi rush shadow dropped today (Xbox/Pc)

Its really not much different than most action games. It basically takes away your ability to mash buttons. Like the parry only boss for example, its shows you how its going to attack , the you just have to parry on the correct timing. 

Regular enemy fights your attacks have to be in sync with the beat. Its just about timing. Your cat friend sits right next to you and pulses everytime the beat hits so you dont even have to be paying attention to the music. The world moves to the beat as well. Its more visual based than audio based. There is also a beat counter you can pull up and really once you hit the first beat its just timing based after that. Its not like your typical rhythm game.

• Upvote 1

Been playing it a bit and it's decent but I still have never clicked with any of these rythmn mix genres. Same with that FPS one that released on GP, I just find that it takes away from the game instead of adds. 

Outside of that it's pretty cool but basic. Very basic level design but art style looks look. Not necessarily what I would've wanted from Tango but it's a solid 7

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Been playing it a bit and it's decent but I still have never clicked with any of these rythmn mix genres. Same with that FPS one that released on GP, I just find that it takes away from the game instead of adds. 

Outside of that it's pretty cool but basic. Very basic level design but art style looks look. Not necessarily what I would've wanted from Tango but it's a solid 7

Have you played Ghostwire Tokyo? Did you like that game? 

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I can safely say that this game is quite a bit better than Ghostwire so far.

Ghostwire really don't get much praise so that's not surprising. 

On the 4th level. The game continues to drop new mechanics and features on you which I definitely appreciate. The combat isn't overly complex but there's enough to it that you constantly have to be paying attention to both your attacks and the enemies' movements especially as you try to sync everything to the beat.

I've seen videos of people doing some crazy DMC-like juggle combos so if you're into that style of game then this is definitely going to scratch that itch.

13 hours ago, Ramza said:

Ghostwire really don't get much praise so that's not surprising. 

The problem with Ghostwire is that the general gameplay (especially the combat) was pretty lifeless and dull most of the time. Hi-Fi Rush is kind of like the polar opposite of that.

I did still like Ghostwire but mainly because of its setting and atmosphere.

• Upvote 1

This is the first new release in ages that I want to play and it's marooned on the XFlop and PC where I'll never play it. :scared:

I checked the credits and Mikami did executive produce it unlike EW2.  Come on physical Switch port. :sword:

3 hours ago, Saucer said:

This is the first new release in ages that I want to play and it's marooned on the XFlop and PC where I'll never play it. :scared:

I checked the credits and Mikami did executive produce it unlike EW2.  Come on physical Switch port. :sword:

Get fucked you ugly woman. That's what you get for choosing a baby's handheld as your main platform. :geese: 

• dead 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Get fucked you ugly woman. That's what you get for choosing a baby's handheld as your main platform. :geese: 

If you played less games and studied more, you could've been a straight A student.

- Mom

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
5 hours ago, Casual said:

man the jump in this game is atrocious which sucks cause there's a decent amount of using it early on.

yeah its probably the only thing in the game that doesn't feel good. There's a fair amount of platforming throughout so you just gotta get used to it.