Sony Slashes PlayStation VR2 Headset Output By 50% After Pre-Orders Disappoint

1 hour ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

I’ve been thinking about possibly getting one, but this thing is likely DOA like my gut was telling me. 

It's still going to get strong software support if that's what you're worried about. There's a lot of ports just waiting to happen.

PSVR1 sold very slowly and had so many technical hurdles but it still had a pretty good library in the end. I expect something very similar. 

22 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

It's Betamax, their custom SD cards and minidisc all over again 

That analogy doesn't even make sense, VR isn't a proprietary technology patented by Sony. 

56 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

It's Betamax, their custom SD cards and minidisc all over again 

This is seriously one of the most retarded posts you’ve ever made and that’s saying something. VR isn’t proprietary technology from Sony like Betamax was :mj:.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sony-we-have-not-cut-ps-vr-2-production-numbers

Anyway, garbage debunked clickbait article.  The guy who wrote the original article has a history of wrong Sony reports. He claimed some months ago Sony was slashing production of PS5 and that turned out to be wrong as well.

Whether it was true or not I was still gonna get one. The software support for it is going to be solid if it’s anything like the PSVR1 and that’s all that matters to me. I want AAA VR games and Sony are in the best position to offer AAA  VR games to their platform in a substantial quantity.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

This is seriously one of the most retarded posts you’ve ever made and that’s saying something. VR isn’t proprietary technology from Sony like Betamax was :mj:.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sony-we-have-not-cut-ps-vr-2-production-numbers

Anyway, garbage debunked clickbait article.  The guy who wrote the original article has a history of wrong Sony reports. He claimed some months ago Sony was slashing production of PS5 and that turned out to be wrong as well.

Whether it was true or not I was still gonna get one. The software support for it is going to be solid if it’s anything like the PSVR1 and that’s all that matters to me. I want AAA VR games and Sony are in the best position to offer AAA  VR games to their platform in a substantial quantity.

Sony didn’t deny that they’ve reduced their forecast, though. Which they likely did. Not only does PS5 have a smaller user base than PS4 at the time of PSVRs release, this is also a lot more expensive. They probably had higher expectations for the preorders. 

Doesn’t mean PSVR2 will suck, just means they may have been a little over zealous with their thoughts on how much pre-release demand they’d get. 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

this thing is $599? LMFAO!

For the specs and included controllers that’s not bad. The Valve Index with controllers goes for $750. The new HTC Vive headset will be $1100. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

For the specs and included controllers that’s not bad. The Valve Index with controllers goes for $750. The new HTC Vive headset will be $1100. 

i'm good lol. i'll keep it old school lol.

Just now, -GD-X said:

i'm good lol. i'll keep it old school lol.

VR is a great experience. Pretty much the best way to play survival horror games. RE7 was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever in VR. 

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1

If I had more disposable income I'd buy a PS5 and a PSVR2 headsets straight up at launch just to support it.

Speaking of, is there any PSVR2 launch titles coming in physical form? I'll buy them, even if I don't have it. For collecting/reselling/supporting purposes. 

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

VR is a great experience. Pretty much the best way to play survival horror games. RE7 was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever in VR. 

RE Village might not have been perfect but it will be a perfect VR game. B) 

RE4 Remake too most likely. I fucking loved RE4 on Oculus to my own surprise and that was just a Gamecube game in VR basically. 

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
2 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Sony didn’t deny that they’ve reduced their forecast, though. Which they likely did. Not only does PS5 have a smaller user base than PS4 at the time of PSVRs release, this is also a lot more expensive. They probably had higher expectations for the preorders. 

Doesn’t mean PSVR2 will suck, just means they may have been a little over zealous with their thoughts on how much pre-release demand they’d get. 

The guy who your article is based on has a history of false reports.

There's no point dying on the hill, the article has been debunked. They aren't slashing anything. The article was wrong and the guy's sources are ass.

Sony never came out and told us sales forecasts or even production numbers for that matter. There was speculation and rumors that they would be producing 2 million PSVRs but nothing concrete from them. The article is bullshit and news sources that cited hm have issued updates correcting the mistake. The specific guy who wrote the article has a long history of fake news and debunked articles.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I’ll still wait for a discount. $600 is a bit much for me. That or Astro Bot 2 is released. Whichever comes first. 

It's actually $550 but I get what you mean. It's still a lot of money but it's worth it for the quality of VR that it is.

It's going to be better than any VR headset when it launches and it will have a lot of support too.

Edited by FIREPOWER
20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

RE Village might not have been perfect but it will be a perfect VR game. B) 

RE4 Remake too most likely. I fucking loved RE4 on Oculus to my own surprise and that was just a Gamecube game in VR basically. 

Yeah I’ve held off on RE8 to play in VR. Giant lady in VR is going to be :lawd:

• Haha 1
  • aitch 1