Hogwarts Legacy embargo lifts Monday at 7am EST- Predictions?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol Harry Potter is gay af.

Lol the writer looks exactly as expected        

Posted Images

@Twinblade

Sorry if I'm off topic but I just pre-ordered Octopath Traveller 2 (22% off) on GMG and I was wondering if it's normal that I didn't get any XP? I bought DOOM VFR before that just to test it and I got the xp instantly.

Seems like I messed up somewhere, now I can't even see my bank account I used as preferred method on Paypal when I go through for a transaction. 

Edited by Ramza
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

Sorry if I'm off topic but I just pre-ordered Octopath Traveller 2 (22% off) on GMG and I was wondering if it's normal that I didn't get any XP? I bought DOOM VFR before that just to test it and I got the xp instantly.

I didn't know anything about the XP system until you brought it up :ben: But apparently i've been at the max level for 2 years now :D 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't know anything about the XP system until you brought it up :ben: But apparently i've been at the max level for 2 years now :D 

You get more games on sale, special vouchers to get extra savings on top of the regular sale and other special offers. Lmao. Like I used a voucher to get 2% extra off from Octopath. It's not much but I'll take it.

Anyway, it seems like the transactions haven't fully processed at my bank. I guess that's why shit is fucking up now. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Ike said:

Game is excellent. This is the Harry Potter game fans have dreamed of forever. 

Which house did you pick? I was planning on joining Gryfindor and then I made a few choices and the hat recommended that house anyway, so I definitely had to join.

I wonder if the characters you meet are different depending on the house you pick.

A little over 7hrs and game is really well done. I’m having a blast. Production values are definitely AAA here. 

@Twinblade I’m in Slytherin house. But also playing it at the same time as the gf. It’s easy to choose which house you want if it matters. I’m honestly impressed by the depth in combat. Lots of stuff pulled here from other franchises but it works and makes for a fun playing experience. Also just exploring the word is magical. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Wanted a guide with settings to tweak as the pc version appears to have some performance issues, but it sounds like DF isnt going to cover the game….

How bad are the performance issues? Deciding between PC and PS5

41 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I’ve only noticed some pop-in but otherwise had a pretty good experience on PS5. It’s crashed when my gf flew over the lake twice. Haven’t tried that again lol. 

The game is amazingly gorgeous and I think you should play it on the largest 4K screen you can. :wow2:

42 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Its very inconsistent at the start but the framerate has gotten progressively worse ever since i've gotten out into the open world (specifically Hogsmeade which is pretty dense and filled with NPCs). 

RT drops the framerate so much that its pretty much unusable even with DLSS on (unless you have a 4090 or something close to it). DLSS in general does not seem to do much.

I think the biggest problem for my own PC is that the game eats VRAM like its nothing. Apparently it can use up to 10gb at 1440p which is the resolution im at. Unfortunately my 3070Ti only has 8.

Also its a UE4 game, so it needs to compiles shaders at the start. But even then, there's some slight stutters as you move from area to area.

I would honestly just go with the PS5 version unless you have an insane PC. Looking back I definitely should have gone for that one.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its very inconsistent at the start but the framerate has gotten progressively worse ever since i've gotten out into the open world (specifically Hogsmeade which is pretty dense and filled with NPCs). 

RT drops the framerate so much that its pretty much unusable even with DLSS on (unless you have a 4090 or something close to it). DLSS in general does not seem to do much.

I think the biggest problem for my own PC is that the game eats VRAM like its nothing. Apparently it can use up to 10gb at 1440p which is the resolution im at. Unfortunately my 3070Ti only has 8.

Also its a UE4 game, so it needs to compiles shaders at the start. But even then, there's some slight stutters as you move from area to area.

I would honestly just go with the PS5 version unless you have an insane PC. Looking back I definitely should have gone for that one.

Request a refund and get the PS5 version tomorrow. :] 

Haven’t had a chance to play much (my IT certification exam is tomorrow so I’ve been spending most of my free time studying) but the one aspect of the design that bothers me so far is the gear limit. You can only carry 20 total which feels overly restrictive considering how often you come across that stuff.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Haven’t had a chance to play much (my IT certification exam is tomorrow so I’ve been spending most of my free time studying) but the one aspect of the design that bothers me so far is the gear limit. You can only carry 20 total which feels overly restrictive considering how often you come across that stuff.

Yeah agreed

But you can change the skin to anything you've picked up after you have sold or destroyed it so you really only need to keep the best gear you have with you

• Upvote 1