Just beat the second boss from Hi-Fi Rush

Just now, Twinblade said:

The level design is pretty par for the course for the genre, its not at all different from something like DMC or Bayonetta.

It might actually be a bit more interesting because there's blocked off optional areas that you can't get to unless you replay the levels after finishing the games.

I think those other 2 just have a way larger sense of scale and variety in their actual levels and enemies. I felt like i've fought on the same very small combat area so many times with the same enemies.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Better scores gives you more of the cogs to use in the shop.

For more combos I don't need to use. 

I'm talking about actual gameplay, I haven't had to change or mix up the combat a single time throughout the entire game. All I've ever had to do is press LT to a different ally for some enemies. It's poor gameplay imo. The rythmn thing is literally the only mechanic in the game.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I think those other 2 just have a way larger sense of scale and variety in their actual levels and enemies. I felt like i've fought on the same very small combat area so many times with the same enemies.

Im guessing you didn't play DMC5 :ben: that game has 0 variety in any of its design.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

For more combos I don't need to use. 

I'm talking about actual gameplay, I haven't had to change or mix up the combat a single time throughout the entire game. All I've ever had to do is press LT to a different ally for some enemies. It's poor gameplay imo. The rythmn thing is literally the only mechanic in the game.

I guess it depends if you're a high score chaser or not. I personally found the gameplay to be pretty satisfying, and the rhythm mechanics results in a nice sense of progression. During the first few levels I was constantly off beat and struggling a bit but by the last few levels I was consistently getting 80+%

But to each his own.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I guess it depends if you're a high score chaser or not. I personally found the gameplay to be pretty satisfying, and the rhythm mechanics results in a nice sense of progression. During the first few levels I was constantly off beat and struggling a bit but by the last few levels I was consistently getting 80+%

But to each his own.

I haven't liked a single one of these rhythm hybrid games. The FPS ones are even worse imo. Just feels like a needless mechanic to try add artificial flow instead of actually letting your dynamic gameplay do that (like Doom does for eg)

• Upvote 2