Tekken 8, Nina reveal trailer.

53 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Tekken sucks, I don’t blame you for not playing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

LOL he completely abandoned his failed argument

Thanks for admitting you made a false claim and it backfired on you

:hest:

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL this guy is butthurt about me at all times.

Lemme see.

Remember playing Tekken 2 around the time I got a Playstation in Spring of 1997.

Played Tekken Tag Tournament around late 2000/early 2001 when my friends got a new PS2.

I bought Tekken Dark Resurrection for the PSP when it came out. I believe I may still have the game case somewhere, even though I may have lent somebody the game.

So, once again..............Ghost is wrong.

And chances are he's never even owned a Tekken game, because he could never afford one.

I must say, I've never played Tekken 1 or 2. Started with 3 and I have played every game in the series since. 

Tekken Tag 1 was awesome, me and my friend used to play it a lot, especially for the bowling minigame.

Dark Resurrection which was a revision of Tekken 5 irrc is probably my favorite still to this day. It's a tie with Tekken 3 anyway, hands down the best 3D fighter on PS1. 

Tekken these days is so complicated that they started losing me. The floor and wall bounce combos are ridiculous. I miss the simpler days. Same thing happened with Soul Calibur, started off as games that just about anyone could pick up and have some fun, with no supers, no ex, nothing fancy. Now it's harder to get into and lost the appeal of having a simpler, martial arts/weapons based fighting game style with no BS.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I think the first trailer showed a level with much more pleasing environmental effects, notable the rain effect, and the rocks breaking apart alot in that level.

This stage doesn't look as impressive, it has some flatter wall and ground textures, but I do like the helicopter light illuminating the stage and moving during the fight.

And what I was excited about, the most, is that Tekken was moving every bit as fast as I remember the game while having sharp graphics.

That's the thing, I'd be curious to see those rain effects again but this time in a real match. It's just never going to look as good as that staged cutscene though. Also Kazuya muscling up before doing his move, I thought that would be an effect for most characters but I doubt we'll see anything that fancy now. 

Team Ninja should make a new DOA game. 

17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Holy shit, Jehurey going back 10+ years to find old posts that proved he played Tekken at some point. Haha, now that's dedication, Ghostz HBR.

I have a pretty good memory for "general" things, off the top of my head.

Which I why I generally have a rule that, if I play a video game quite thoroughly, there should be no reason for me to even go back and play it again.

Even if its a stone cold classic.  The only exception to this rule is probably Super Mario World, A Link to the Past. Like they have to be BIGTIME classics. Arcade games like NBA Jam and MKII are obviously meant to be replayed. And I return to play those, as well.

But lets say I played Deus Ex Human Revolution, throroughly. Which I did. Fantastic game. Possibly my favorite game of 2010-2020. Do I really need to go back and play it?

No. Very low chance of that happening.

However.......this is very new. The TLOU remake, which I am playing now as I am watching the new HBO series, has ended up being VERY effective.

I literally played the second main chapter from the game. I went through the leaning building. I do remember most of that.

What I didn't remember was the next area was the Boston Museum. I had completely forgotten that. And the HBO show's 2nd episode had the Boston Museum. So there was an immediate reward for me and going back to play this area. Right down to a key pieces of dialogue in that level. I heard them again in that episode just a couple of hours later.

So, my memory doesn't retain everything about a game.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Which I why I generally have a rule that, if I play a video game quite thoroughly, there should be no reason for me to even go back and play it again.

Even if its a stone cold classic.  The only exception to this rule is probably Super Mario World, A Link to the Past. Like they have to be BIGTIME classics. Arcade games like NBA Jam and MKII are obviously meant to be replayed. And I return to play those, as well.

But lets say I played Deus Ex Human Revolution, throroughly. Which I did. Fantastic game. Possibly my favorite game of 2010-2020. Do I really need to go back and play it?

However.......this is very new. The TLOU remake, which I am playing now as I am watching the new HBO series, has ended up being VERY effective.

I literally played the second main chapter from the game. I went through the leaning building. I do remember most of that.

What I didn't remember was the next area was the Boston Museum. I had completely forgotten that. And the HBO show's 2nd episode had the Boston Museum. So there was an immediate reward for me and going back to play this area. Right down to a key pieces of dialogue in that level. I heard them again in that episode just a couple of hours later.

There are games I've played years ago that I could probably draw a somewhat accurate map of the level design, remember some of the most finicky game mechanics or write down part of the script like I played it yesterday.

While other games gets wiped off from my memory mere weeks after playing them. I guess it depends on the impact it had on me while playing it.

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Now he’s flat out lying about playing TLOU. :tom:

too bad we have proof on that one :D

T9ECi6A.jpg

Rj6AodF.jpg

10 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Now he’s flat out lying about playing TLOU. :tom:

too bad we have proof on that one :D

T9ECi6A.jpg

Rj6AodF.jpg

LOL I was literally describing the Outskirts level of TLOU remake in a post..........in detail.

And he's stupid enough to claim that I'm lying.

This balding loser seems like he intentionally chooses arguments to lose.:hest:

3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

you watched your nephew play it :tom:

Nope. You keep on failing.

..........and projecting.

He just admitted he watches his nephew play games.........while he waits for his turn:hest:

What a loser, a balding loser. LOL