So who’s getting PSVR2 at launch?

PSVR2 comes out in a few weeks  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have one pre ordered?

I would buy it with a brand new PS5 with RE Village and Gran Turismo 7 on Feb 22 if I wasn't broke. 

The rest of the line-up isn't very interesting to me right now. I guess there's the Until Dawn: Rush of Blood spiritual successor that could be fun. Didn't look all that great the last time I saw the game though.

The rest are all games I could be playing right now on Metaquest/PC.

Also I think Horizon is gonna flop hard. 

Still, I might be stupid for doing so but I intend to buy any niche physical PSVR2 game. Even if I don't have the headset.

Hard to believe they are making a Fantasvision sequel with VR support. I hope that piece of shit gets a physical release. :lul: 

Just now, Ramza said:

I would buy it with a brand new PS5 with RE Village and Gran Turismo 7 on Feb 22 if I wasn't broke. 

The rest of the line-up isn't very interesting to me right now. I guess there's the Until Dawn: Rush of Blood spiritual successor that could be fun. Didn't look all that great the last time I saw the game though.

The rest are all games I could be playing right now on Metaquest/PC.

Also I think Horizon is gonna flop hard. 

Still, I might be stupid for doing so but I intend to buy any niche physical PSVR2 game. Even if I don't have the headset.

Hard to believe they are making a Fantasvision sequel with VR support. I hope that piece of shit gets a physical release. :lul: 

Why did you vote yes? :wonder:

9 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Haven’t you already played Alyx? Why would you want to play it again? 

I have it on PC but didn't finish yet. But I more see it as a mismanagement problem. Alyx is *the* AAA VR game, you gotta have it. Valve generally puts their games on console, so I doubt they're the problem.

10 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I have it on PC but didn't finish yet. But I more see it as a mismanagement problem. Alyx is *the* AAA VR game, you gotta have it. Valve generally puts their games on console, so I doubt they're the problem.

I feel Sony thinks they have a lot of “good” games for launch. They probably want to space it out, I bet it will release near the holiday 

19 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

I feel Sony thinks they have a lot of “good” games for launch. They probably want to space it out, I bet it will release near the holiday 

This thing can only be a success if developers support it. Launching with a Horizon spinoff from a C-tier dev is exactly what I expect them to do. Even if the game is good, it's Uncharted Golden Abyss at best. It doesn't guarantee you bought into a thriving platform.

4 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

This thing can only be a success if developers support it. Launching with a Horizon spinoff from a C-tier dev is exactly what I expect them to do. Even if the game is good, it's Uncharted Golden Abyss at best. It doesn't guarantee you bought into a thriving platform.

They got RE Village, GT7, REmake 4. If they can get more big name flatscreen games to have VR modes it'll be fine. 

Sony no doubt has plenty of games in production right now through first and second party like Firewall Zero Hour 2. I expect to see a Astro Bot 2 before long.

Of course it's never going to be as great of a support as the PS5 itself but they done a good job with the PSVR1 and I expect similar level of support.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

They got RE Village, GT7, REmake 4. If they can get more big name flatscreen games to have VR modes it'll be fine. 

Sony no doubt has plenty of games in production right now through first and second party like Firewall Zero Hour 2. I expect to see a Astro Bot 2 before long.

Of course it's never going to be as great of a support as the PS5 itself but they done a good job with the PSVR1 and I expect similar level of support.

I don't know if id buy PSVR2 knowing in advance it would get the same level of support as PSVR1. I need to see a bigger build up because standalone headsets offer a lot of advantages. I'm definitely not buying PSVR2 before Valve shows what they've been working on.

1 hour ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

i don’t think it’ll be sold in stores. Through Sony only, same with the new dual sense controller 

It will be sold in stores. Sony can’t rely only on PS Direct, it’s too limited in scope. They’ll still need brick and mortar stores like GameStop and Best Buy to sell it like they did with PSVR1. PS Direct is there to aid with the scalping situation of PS5 not to replace physical retail. I don’t see PSVR2 being scalped, it’s too niche for that.

46 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I wouldn't want to drop 550 on PSVR2 and have Valve announce this a few months later:

https://uploadvr.com/valve-job-vr-headset-deckard/

For PSVR2 the novelty is AAA games like RE Village, GT7, Horizon etc. in VR. While I expect the new Steam VR headset to be awesome I don’t trust PC VR when it comes to providing AAA VR games as much as I trust a Sony VR headset. Either way, I’ll probably end up getting both lol.