Steam Next Fest demo thread

I checked out Cynthia and Tape 2 Tape. Cynthia feels like it wants to be Breath of the Wild but lacks the animation finesse or a solid combat feel. The puzzles are like something I'd build in PS Dreams.

Tape 2 Tape is kind of awesome as an NHL Blitz for SNES, but also needs tuning. Passing, turning, and defensive checks all feel imprecise. I might come back to this one. Also there is a roguelite progression to it that seems cool.

1 hour ago, kaz said:

a hand-painted adventure :aitch: 

Kaz I have something important to tell you. I found the best CRPG you have never heard of (probably).

Age of Decadence. It's the ultimate hardcore RPG experience. It might just be the most underrated/overlooked RPG of all time. It's phenomenal.

I know it looks like shit but trust me on this.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Kaz I have something important to tell you. I found the best CRPG you have never heard of (probably).

Age of Decadence. It's the ultimate hardcore RPG experience. It might just be the most underrated/overlooked RPG of all time. It's phenomenal.

:D I remember trying that a while ago. I remember thinking it had some neat ideas but it ended up being a bit too hardcore for me.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

:D I remember trying that a while ago. I remember thinking it had some neat ideas but it ended up being a bit too hardcore for me.

I got pretty far by avoiding combat through sweet talking my way out or BS'ing everyone with the streetwise skill. I love shit unapologetic RPGs like this. :juggle: 

• Upvote 1
  • Ben 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Thanks bro, never heard of it. I looked up a walkthrough and watched some, looks pretty good to me. Interesitng combat system too

• Upvote 1

I just tried Shadows of Doubt. Im not sold on the procedural generation aspect, but its still the most promising of the demos I tried. The game is basically a detective simulator with Deus Ex-like mechanics in the way you investigate the different areas and collect evidence. Very cool stuff, but I think the success of the full game is going to depend a lot on how the cases are designed. If they're randomly generated like the city, then I think that will reduce a lot of the game's appeal for me

20 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

No love for Tape to Tape?

I looked this game up, saw that it was both hockey themed and a roguelike (2 of my least favorite things ever) and closed the browser window at lightning speed :D The concept seems interesting for people into it, though.