Dark Souls 3 vs Nioh 2 gameplay

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I have heard Dark Souls 3 was From’s best game (excluding bloodborne). Do you agree? 

Dark Souls 3 is awesome. I get why people would say that.

IMO Bloodborne > DS1 > Sekiro > DS3 > DeS > DS2.

Ultimately they're all just incredibly good games though. Outside of maybe DS2 they're all certified classics.

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Dark Souls 3 is awesome. I get why people would say that.

IMO Bloodborne > DS1 > Sekiro > DS3 > DeS > DS2.

Ultimately they're all just incredibly good games though. Outside of maybe DS2 they're all certified classics.

I hear ds3 is more refined than 1.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I hear ds3 is more refined than 1.

Yeah, I'd agree. I think that cuts both ways though. DS3 is a bit more consistent throughout whereas DS1 peaks higher.

I personally prefer the world of DS1 and especially the "metroidvania" style of the first half of the game. DS3 feels a lot more linear in that sense, it still captures that kind of design, but it's more contained to individual areas as opposed to sprawling across the whole world. DS3 has probably the best set of bosses outside of Bloodborne.

I'd probably recommend 3 as the starting point for someone looking to jump into Souls for the first time.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah, I'd agree. I think that cuts both ways though. DS3 is a bit more consistent throughout whereas DS1 peaks higher.

I personally prefer the world of DS1 and especially the "metroidvania" style of the first half of the game. DS3 feels a lot more linear in that sense, it still captures that kind of design, but it's more contained to individual areas as opposed to sprawling across the whole world. DS3 has probably the best set of bosses outside of Bloodborne.

I'd probably recommend 3 as the starting point for someone looking to jump into Souls for the first time.

That’s almost word for word what another friend told me. +1 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Actually, I’ve heard quite a few people say the same. Different strokes. Your opinion isn’t absolute. 

Most people are also fucking stupid.

The entirety of DS3 bosses are so forgettable that they brought back a boss fight (Smoug and Ornstein) from DS1 and managed to make it worse somehow.

About the only thing that DS3 is better at is that it has more in terms of spells or weapons. Shit that ends up pretty irrelevant compared to level design and actually having cool memorable moments. 

Do what you want, but if you haven't played Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne you shouldn't even consider touching DS3 with a ten foot pole. 

@-GD-X

This game is coming day one to Gamepass if you need more Souls games. I know it's not FromSoft but you'd be surprised how close all those games are in design choices. Which is also why I'm fucking tired of them. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Most people are also fucking stupid.

The entirety of DS3 bosses are so forgettable that they brought back a boss fight (Smoug and Ornstein) from DS1 and managed to make it worse somehow.

About the only thing that DS3 is better at is that it has more in terms of spells or weapons. Shit that ends up pretty irrelevant compared to level design and actually having cool memorable moments. 

Do what you want, but if you haven't played Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne you shouldn't even consider touching DS3 with a ten foot pole. 

and you aren't? lol. i'm not saying you are. however, there's no correlation between intelligence and subjective views of a game lol.

for me, i don't think i'll ever play another souls-like game. if i did, i would probably start at the beginning with the demon's souls remake.

32 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

and you aren't? lol. i'm not saying you are. however, there's no correlation between intelligence and subjective views of a game lol.

for me, i don't think i'll ever play another souls-like game. if i did, i would probably start at the beginning with the demon's souls remake.

No, I'm saying you shouldn't trust something just because several people agree on a consensus. Hence why I say most people are stupid. 

And not everything is subjective, Dark Souls 1 has the best level design in the series and that's a fact. It's basically a huge 3D Metroidvania and FromSoft has never come close to topping it in other Souls games in terms of complexity, non linearity or intuitiveness. I'm not saying this because Dark Souls 1 is my personal favorite, it's really not, but it has the best level design in the series still to this day. I'd love to see anyone try to to argue that concrete OPINION set in a perfect logic.

You really need to stop with that subjective shit just because I can express my views with absolute confidence in what I say from an educated standpoint. (been playing this overrated franchise since day 0)

Sure, some of it is based on my subjective take but that doesn't mean everything is just an opinion. Like I would admit my view on DS3 are definitely bias, because I was tired of this series already back in 2016. My dumb idiot friends also made my experience worse, I never coop'd a Souls game before that one and I found out it was just shit. I did solo all the bosses though in my own game, so basically I beat all bosses three times and that definitely impacted my fun quite a lot because I was forced to play the game at the pace of my no skills friends. 

I also found Sekiro to be a frustrating experience but in retrospect I would have probably enjoyed the game a lot more playing it on PC at 60 frames per second. Still, I find the game over reliance on parries to get boring after a while. I guess that IS purely subjective.

Anyway, just stop. You're not making a real argument by being all Big Lebowski on me. Well, that's just like, your opinion, man. I don't need that fucking crap, I'm quite aware of my own bias and opinions but also very knowledgeable about this fucking turd of a franchise and I can express my opinion or mock other people opinions like it's a fact if I goddamn want to. 

Have a nice day. 

Just now, Ramza said:

No, I'm saying you shouldn't trust something just because several people agree on a consensus. Hence why I say most people are stupid. 

And not everything is subjective, Dark Souls 1 has the best level design in the series and that's a fact. It's basically a huge 3D Metroidvania and FromSoft has never come close to topping it in other Souls games in terms of complexity, non linearity or intuitiveness. I'm not saying this because Dark Souls 1 is my personal favorite, it's really not, but it has the best level design in the series still to this day. I'd love to see anyone try to to argue that concrete OPINION set in a perfect logic.

You really need to stop with that subjective shit just because I can express my views with absolute confidence in what I say from an educated standpoint. (been playing this overrated franchise since day 0)

Sure, some of it is based on my subjective take but that doesn't mean everything is just an opinion. Like I would admit my view on DS3 are definitely bias, because I was tired of this series already back in 2016. My dumb idiot friends also made my experience worse, I never coop'd a Souls game before that one and I found out it was just shit. I did solo all the bosses though in my own game, so basically I beat all bosses three times and that definitely impacted my fun quite a lot because I was forced to play the game at the pace of my no skills friends. 

I also found Sekiro to be a frustrating experience but in retrospect I would have probably enjoyed the game a lot more playing it on PC at 60 frames per second. Still, I find the game over reliance on parries to get boring after a while. I guess that IS purely subjective.

Anyway, just stop. You're not making a real argument by being all Big Lebowski on me. Well, that's just like, your opinion, man. I don't need that fucking crap, I'm quite aware of my own bias and opinions but also very knowledgeable about this fucking turd of a franchise and I can express my opinion or mock other people opinions like it's a fact if I goddamn want to. 

Have a nice day. 

it's still an opinion, hence it's subjective lol.

Just now, -GD-X said:

it's still an opinion, hence it's subjective lol.

Read the next fucking paragraph, maybe? 

Goddamn, you are trying to set me up for mediocrity. 

I'm sorry guys, I think Dark Souls 1 has the best level design but how much this actually matters to you is purely subjective and I apologize for having an opinion. :tear2:

Dark Souls 2 is a giant turd but someone, somewhere actually really like that game as his favorite in the series. Don't hate guys. :tear2:

Happy now? This is what you want from me, a fucking apologist cuck? 

Now I'm triggered for real.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Read the next fucking paragraph, maybe? 

Goddamn, you are trying to set me up for mediocrity. 

I'm sorry guys, I think Dark Souls 1 has the best level design but how much this actually matters to you is purely subjective and I apologize for having an opinion. :tear2:

Dark Souls 2 is a giant turd but someone, somewhere actually really like that game as his favorite in the series. Don't hate guys. :tear2:

Happy now? This is what you want from me, a fucking apologist cuck? 

Now I'm triggered for real.

yeah, an apology is in order.

• Haha 1