What did you think of the Nu Metal era?

I look back on it, it is such weird era. I was moostly a hiphop head at the time. The only band who's album I had was Offspring's Americana. I didn't really get to build my music library until after I graduated high school and got a job.

Reason I ask, because I just came across this video:

Edited by Chicano3000

Well Linkin Park got too poppish. The Early 2000's and around that time were good and I still listen to it out of nostalgia. But when all the greenday and chemical romance and screamo shit and christian metal bands came out :|

watch some analcyst say green day was old skool and then they just sold out

Edited by roflpwnedz

Machine Head kind of did both but metal and thrash metal. When they went back to thrash i felt it was a million times more engaging. Nu metal really didn't age well. It's too simple and the lyrics are usually corny. 

On 2023-02-08 at 10:02 AM, sugarhigh said:

The parts of nu metal that stuck to "rap+rock" (limp Bizkit, linkin park) aged better than the ones that were more concerned with metal+goth (Korn, Disturbed).

Old school Korn owned. While I preferred  bands like RATM, Tool, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Ministry, etc more, Korn’s first several albums are way better than  limp and definitely linkin lol.