• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the best shape of my life and this ain't even the tippity top yet    Started taking the gym really seriously after last year's final lockdown here (lmao vaxxies @Goukosan and their failed poli

Started going to the gym. Still can't do much so im only going to start with a day dedicated to arms (Biceps, Tricpes, Forearms) and then a leg day. Did leg day yesterday and was surprised with how mu

Alright, I think I'm done my cut.   Back down to 185 from 205 in September. Feel a lot better. Took longer than I wanted, I was pretty good at sticking to my diet when home but had a couple

good. i don't lift as heavy as i used to, mainly because i try to stay at a lower weight (blood pressure issues) and avoid injuries. i usually do a 4 day upper/lower split, with some extra calisthenics at the park when i'm with my nieces.

26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

as for equipment, i have a trx, the 1090 adjustable dumbbells (180 lbs), a bench, resistance bands and a pull up/dip station.

now that adjustable dumbbells can be purchased I’ve been thinking of getting another set. I quickly realized that while they’re great, it would still be best to have more than one pair. Really slows the workout down trying to change weights :meh:

23 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

now that adjustable dumbbells can be purchased I’ve been thinking of getting another set. I quickly realized that while they’re great, it would still be best to have more than one pair. Really slows the workout down trying to change weights :meh:

usually super set bench with pull ups and weighted rows with push ups. it eliminates that problem.

Been getting far more fitness focused in the last year or 2. Started to feel my age and decided to start looking after myself finally but unfortunately atm limited to home stuff (but I have more than enough to do a decent job. Bench, incline bench, range of dumbells).  Did about a year of 5/6 times a week but have dropped it down 3/4 for this year but also play sport and am generally very active too with walks/runs. I count all my calorie and macro intake daily but my focus is on overall fitness and heart health (considering im mid 30s) as opposed to actually trying to bulk. 

im still recovering from shoulder surgery but im hoping to get back into working out again soon. I have some ideas for setting up a little gym in the basement and have been slowly buying equipment for it. I got a Schwinn electric bike and next im looking to get a EZ bar set with some weight plates.

I also want to incorporate face pulls into my workouts but I have to figure out the best way to rig a setup that would allow for that type of exercise in my home gym.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

im still recovering from shoulder surgery but im hoping to get back into working out again soon. I have some ideas for setting up a little gym in the basement and have been slowly buying equipment for it. I got a Schwinn electric bike and next im looking to get a EZ bar set with some weight plates.

I also want to incorporate face pulls into my workouts but I have to figure out the best way to rig a setup that would allow for that type of exercise in my home gym.

you can do a lot of trx moves that get the same effect as face pulls (y flies, reverse flies, high rows, etc.)

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Work out legs :reg:

In the best shape of my life and this ain't even the tippity top yet  :smoke: 

Started taking the gym really seriously after last year's final lockdown here (lmao vaxxies @Goukosan and their failed policies)

Going 5 to 6 times a week without fail, sometimes twice a day. Cardio 2-3 times a week, mainly running but I'm doing more sprint training recently which is a lot more fun to me.

Added explosive rowing for half an hour every week or two and my back strength really went up afterwards, really recommend this if you've hit a plateau there.

Before I went to the gym inconsistently but I went enough times to be totally disciplined now and the best part is that it seeps into every other area of life.

Haven't touched a game since Elden Ring  :dudebro:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I did consider this but when you do stuff like weighted squats or lunges there's force being exerted on your shoulders because of the weights you're holding. I'd rather play it safe for now

Yeah that’s true. You could still do some things tho, lunges (wouldn’t use weights), light leg sled work outs, leg curls/extensions, calves. Legs are half your body, great way to keep your anabolic levels up. 

• Upvote 1

I only go swimming to not get too fat from binge drinking but I wanna quit soon and get Schwarzenegger'd

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

anybody still do bro splits? man...i miss the pumps. but the lack of frequency kind of blows.

I did it at the start of my fitness days but then learned there is much more efficient and effective methods. 

Been fairly set on:

Push

Pull

Legs

Rest

and repeat. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I did it at the start of my fitness days but then learned there is much more efficient and effective methods. 

Been fairly set on:

Push

Pull

Legs

Rest

and repeat. 

nice! you can never go wrong with that. or you can do pull (with deadlifts), push, legs (romanian deadlifts), rest. it's a great way to get that extra posterior chain work.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nice! you can never go wrong with that. or you can do pull (with deadlifts), push, legs (romanian deadlifts), rest. it's a great way to get that extra posterior chain work.

I have a friend who got into Power Lifting and his focus is practically solely on the 3 major compound lifts. Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift and will pretty much just hit those nearly every sesh at differing weights building up to new PRs at weeks end. It's definitely giving him great results. 

I mostly struggle with the diet part, just can't eat as much as I need to to make any truly meaningful gains. Thankfully I'm happy with a more lean, low body fat, ab physique lol

• Upvote 1