GS finally reviews Hogwarts Legacy and gives it a 6

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It still has many of the same issues that plague many open world games, I won't deny that. But its still better designed and developed than the majority of those that have been released recently. Its been more fun and engaging than Horizon Forbidden West, thats for sure.

And all people did was complain about Horizon, Ass Creed and other checklist open worlds. Now those things aren't an issue in a game doing it worse, with shit combat and a sleep inducing story?

6 hours ago, Voidler said:

And all people did was complain about Horizon, Ass Creed and other checklist open worlds. Now those things aren't an issue in a game doing it worse, with shit combat and a sleep inducing story?

The combat actually feels pretty good, the only downside is that many of the spells have no effect whatsoever against larger enemies like trolls, which limits your options in those fights.

The story isn't great but it is slowly picking up at the part im at. The last few quests have been pretty cool.

Like I said this stlll many of the same issues as other open world games. I do think there is a sense that some people are trying to pretend that part of it doesn't exist because they want to make the game seem better in the face of the whole JK Rowling saga.

I don't think its a AAA quality game but its definitely around 8.5 level and nowhere near a 6.

If it makes you feel better they gave Forspoken a 5.

I played the game, beaten in and kept playing as there more things after beaten the game.  I wouldn't rate this game no lower than a 7.     It is certainly not mediocre. 

image.png.fdba500a52d0095000330a8d03acf6cd.png

Just from looking at the bad merits, I can tell the reviewer likely only played 10% of the game, as the first and last bullet point seem to indicate.  2nd bullet point is very subjective. 3rd bullet just feel like the first and last in that the reviewer didn't take the time to play the game.  The combat in this game great.  Frey has so many Magic attacks at her arsenal and its goes beyond that once you start collecting the powers of the Tantas you defeat as well. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The combat actually feels pretty good, the only downside is that many of the spells have no effect whatsoever against larger enemies like trolls, which limits your options in those fights.

The story isn't great but it is slowly picking up at the part im at. The last few quests have been pretty cool.

Like I said this stlll many of the same issues as other open world games. I do think there is a sense that some people are trying to pretend that part of it doesn't exist because they want to make the game seem better in the face of the whole JK Rowling saga.

I don't think its a AAA quality game but its definitely around 8.5 level and nowhere near a 6.

The game is so so.  7 at best for all the reasons Voidler pointed out that has zero to do with politics. 

Harry Potter fans will love it because the production values are good and it's world building in the HP universe is what the fans eat up as well. 

HP is a huge property and the game will do well commercially and it has also done decently critically despite you going on for weeks about how all reviewers will tank it because they're all woke leftist who hate JK Rowling ... Yet somehow it  has an 80 something avg... 

What happened to all the reviewers tanking the score like you anticipated? :umad:

GS scored it a 6 boo hoo :awww:  they pointed out all the reasons why it's a six and none of it was political.. It was a strictly gameplay focused review.

I would forgive a lot more of the games faults if they had done better with the story and characters.

Harry Potter books and movies are known for really inventive scenarios, memorable characters with distinct personalities. For them not to do a better job there is a massive weakness

I mean I can't even remember the names of any characters I've met