Final Fantasy XVI gameplay.

The UI could use some work. Its got the futuristic sci fi look from the recent games which makes no sense given the setting.

Edit: Its actually legitimately obnoxious. The bright health bar and neon colored numbers popping up all over the place don't mesh at all with the dark color tone and lighting.

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This is not Final Fantasy.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

What was the last game that "was Final Fantasy" though?

It's a series with like 20 mainline entries and they're all over the place in terms of theme and shit. Shit, look at FF6 to 7. 10 to 12. 12 to 13. 13 to 15. Sweeping changes either thematically, gameplay wise, or both.

Anyway, it looks cool. Excited to play this, the combat in FF7R was by far the best in the series and this seems to be building off that.

12 minutes ago, Casual said:

What was the last game that "was Final Fantasy" though?

It's a series with like 20 mainline entries and they're all over the place in terms of theme and shit. Shit, look at FF6 to 7. 10 to 12. 12 to 13. 13 to 15. Sweeping changes either thematically, gameplay wise, or both.

FFX was the last proper FF game. I do have soft spot for FFXII, at least it's not an action game or a MMO.

13 minutes ago, Casual said:

the combat in FF7R was by far the best in the series

Best non turn based, maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

You’re not wrong :mjgrin:

FCDAA058-F189-4E49-B72E-38B23039DF9E.jpeg

I had no idea. Lol. At the same time it's kinda reassuring.

Main director: FFV, SaGa Frontier and The Last Remnant? :D Oh boy. 

Art director: FFXII, FFT. Well, that explains why I like the look of this game. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I had no idea. Lol. At the same time it's kinda reassuring.

Main director: FFV, SaGa Frontier and The Last Remnant? :D Oh boy. 

Art director: FFXII, FFT. Well, that explains why I like the look of this game. 

It’s one of the best teams S-E has put together in a long time honestly. :wow2:

Game is going to be so Baby Mode LOL...

Instead of properly tuned Difficulty settings they're creating Accessories. Problem is the Accessories are OP as fuck so why wouldn't you equip them? I'm talking stuff like one ring gives Auto-Dodging, another ring will slow down time whenever an enemy attacks (Seriously WTF LOL), Auto Combos (literally only need to push 1 button), and a Auto Heal. There were some other rings too but these are the ones that made me laugh when I read about.

• Haha 1
On 2/28/2023 at 10:42 AM, Ramza said:

FFX was the last proper FF game. I do have soft spot for FFXII, at least it's not an action game or a MMO.

Best non turn based, maybe. 

Not even close. VIIR combat is just a streamlined version of FF XIII. I swear I'm the only person who actually played the XIII trilogy LOL...

11 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Not even close. VIIR combat is just a streamlined version of FF XIII. I swear I'm the only person who actually played the XIII trilogy LOL...

You obviously failed at understanding the meaning of my post if you think I care who wins the special Olympics of non turn based FF games. 

12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You obviously failed at understanding the meaning of my post if you think I care who wins the special Olympics of non turn based FF games. 

You obviously failed at being clear with your point to begin with then.

"Best non turn based maybe"

If you were trying to imply some kind of underlying message behind this statement then next time you shouldn't be so vague. The failure isn't my understanding, the failure is your poor communication. 

So how about you learn when to curb that little snide attitude of yours.

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You obviously failed at being clear with your point to begin with then.

"Best non turn based maybe"

If you were trying to imply some kind of underlying message behind this statement then next time you shouldn't be so vague. The failure isn't my understanding, the failure is your poor communication. 

So how about you learn when to curb that little snide attitude of yours.

It's obvious I don't care about non turned based FF games when I was saying they are not real FF games in the very same conversation. 

The keyword in that sentence was 'maybe'. As in 'maybe it's the best action FF game but I don't know/care'.

Someone saying maybe is definitely not making some kind of definitive statement. 

Lol look whose talking about having an attitude. You need to chill out.