Shin Megami Tensei 30th Anniversary event being held on May 5th and 6th 2023

I've been on a SMT binge lately. Played through Soul Hackers 2, pulled out my PS2 and played through Devil Summoner, and now I'm playing through SMT 3 HD. 

I enjoy these games way more than any of the Persona games. Unfortunately if they announce anything it most likely will be Persona related... I'd be hyped for a Devil Summoner 3 announcement though.

7 hours ago, Sabo said:

I've been on a SMT binge lately. Played through Soul Hackers 2, pulled out my PS2 and played through Devil Summoner, and now I'm playing through SMT 3 HD. 

I enjoy these games way more than any of the Persona games. Unfortunately if they announce anything it most likely will be Persona related... I'd be hyped for a Devil Summoner 3 announcement though.

You actually finished Soul Hackers 2? Did you skip the extra dungeons? 

Eh, I think im just gonna stick to Persona going forward. I liked what I played of SMT4 but I was feeling some serious fatigue with that game as I got further into it. I don't think they're doing enough to change up the formula with each new installment. Same applies to Persona but at least those games have a slick style and engaging story and characters to do a lot of the heavy lifting. SMT is devoid of that so it relies mainly on the gameplay which is good but very familiar.

10 hours ago, Ramza said:

You actually finished Soul Hackers 2? Did you skip the extra dungeons? 

Yeah, I got the Platinum so I did everything. I'd give the game a 7/10, it has its issues but I didn't think those issues were anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be and overall I did enjoy the game.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, I got the Platinum so I did everything. I'd give the game a 7/10, it has its issues but I didn't think those issues were anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be and overall I did enjoy the game.

Good. I have little patience for repetitive filler content these days, that can really kill certain games for me. If the 3 character dungeons had unique enemies I would have probably played the game up until the end.  

I also didn't finish SMT3 HD now that I think about it. I don't remember why though.

Do you own a Switch? How about SMTV?

Nah, the only games I'd be interested in are SMTV and Fire Emblem 3 Houses, never cared for Xenoblade or the Xeno series in general. I'm not buying a Switch for two games.  Besides there's been a pretty consistent rumor that SMTV will get a release on other platforms so all we might need to do is just wait. 

Honestly, I'd get a 3DS XL before a Switch, has a much better game library but the damn thing is still overpriced. I'm not spending 350 on a handheld LOL... If it was like 100 bucks cheaper I'd grab one.

• Upvote 1