Just recieved my PSVR2 a few minutes ago :D

:aitch: I just received it a few minutes ago. Gonna set it up and try out some games. I have the entire day off and I can’t wait to go on a gaming marathon.

Gonna be playing GT7 and NMS first and then after that RE8 and the Kayak VR game. Also gonna try out the Horizon Call of the Mountain game and see if it’s any good though it’s not really my kind of game from what I’ve seen so far on YouTube.

6E7AC194-2E5A-4A7E-A94F-550D7294288A.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
  • aitch 1
57 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

let us know how GT is!

GT7 is sublime :aitch:

So far the most enjoyable game in PSVR2 for me and definitely a VR seller.

I don't think I'll ever go back to flatscreen GT7 ever again.

59 minutes ago, Ramza said:

NMS = No Man Sky?

Yep, No Man's Sky. Looks great in PSVR2. Only down side for me is that they force you to use VR controllers and I'm not used to them yet. Definitely a learning curve here but it should be great once I master it.

I started up RE8 and have only spent a few minutes in it but so far it's very immersive and it looks great. I haven't tried Horizon Call of the Mountain yet but I plan to give it a go in the future.

So far loving the PSVR2. One of the best gaming purchases I've ever made and a wonderful extension to the PS5's capabilities. The headset is very comfortable and easy to set up and the controllers are very comfortable and ergonomic. It's a huge step up from the PSVR1 which I also own. I wouldn't recommend everyone to go out and grab one though since the price of entry is steep for most gamers but if you can afford it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. It's a great piece of technology and I'm very happy with my purchase :aitch:......

TLHBFR!

IMG_7395.JPG

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • aitch 3

The cool thing about using the headset is, you can boot up GT7 without putting on the headset. I assume the PSVR2 has to at least powered-on and connected tot he PS5.

You can go into the main menu, you can select your race setup, you can even LOAD the start of the race on your regular tv screen.

And when its time to race, then you can put your headset on, and it will immediately snap into VR mode.

Obviously you wanna do the whole eye adjustment setup prior to doing that.

• aitch 1
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The cool thing about using the headset is, you can boot up GT7 without putting on the headset. I assume the PSVR2 has to at least powered-on and connected tot he PS5.

You can go into the main menu, you can select your race setup, you can even LOAD the start of the race on your regular tv screen.

And when its time to race, then you can put your headset on, and it will immediately snap into VR mode.

Obviously you wanna do the whole eye adjustment setup prior to doing that.

Yea, I love how seamless it is to get into VR on GT7. Put on the headset and it goes to VR mode and then you can take it off and resume flatscreen play. I'm hoping all hybrid VR/flatscreen games in the future are this seamless.

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

any stores demo-ing this?

Not to my knowledge at least not in the US.

Sony definitely needs to set up public demos for PSVR2 like they had with PSVR1. Maybe COVID is discouraging them from this.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Not to my knowledge at least not in the US.

Sony definitely needs to set up public demos for PSVR2 like they had with PSVR1. Maybe COVID is discouraging them from this.

yeah, i think demo-ing this would sell more units.

• Upvote 1