Your physical gaming purchases. The thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just bought Octopath Traveler and Metroid Prime Remaster.  I am not opening Metroid Prime.  I downloaded it

Metroid is getting restocked. My Amazon order is arriving Friday 

Yes, store exclusive pre-order stuff will definitely increase the value.   I was actually surprised Ishin wasn't getting a day one or collector's version. Makes sense now.    I reg

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

I also just bought Psychonauts 2 for PS4 there were only 3 copies left in the whole country no clue how rare it is.

Psychonauts 1 PS4 is a limited print.

I actually enjoyed Psychonauts 2 and played through the whole game, a rare occurrence for me and platformers. 

Psychonauts 1 physical? Never seen that. I'll check Ebay. 

Cheapest sealed copy I could find is almost 200$... nope!

Edited by Ramza
1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Celeste limited run or japanese release is an obvious one. Or double pack of river city girls.

Another publisher is doing a new European print of Celeste and it's cheap.

Celeste for Nintendo Switch (play-asia.com)

That's the issue with ''Limited Run'', Nothing prevents the game to be published by someone else. 

Same thing with River City Girls having Asian/Japanese versions for cheap VS expensive Limited Run only in the US. 

I only buy Limited Run if I can get them for cheap and/or lower than market value.

I am genuinely baffled about the casual re-emergence of Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure physical copies being relatively EASY to attain on the second-hand market.

I used to check every couple of years, because I had a troubled punk-ass nephew who stole a backpack of mines that had my original launch Nintendo Wii and about 5-6 games, and the two rarest games that I had were the Metroid Prime Trilogy in its aluminum case, and Zack & Wiki.

for most of the 2010's , used copies were priced rather higher, and in low supply.

And now, all of a sudden, it seems like its no big deal to get ahold of one.

And the thing with Zack & Wiki is that its probably the one Wii video game that is pretty much impossible to get ported to any other console, ever.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I am genuinely baffled about the casual re-emergence of Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure physical copies being relatively EASY to attain on the second-hand market.

I used to check every couple of years, because I had a troubled punk-ass nephew who stole a backpack of mines that had my original launch Nintendo Wii and about 5-6 games, and the two rarest games that I had were the Metroid Prime Trilogy in its aluminum case, and Zack & Wiki.

for most of the 2010's , used copies were priced rather higher, and in low supply.

And now, all of a sudden, it seems like its no big deal to get ahold of one.

And the thing with Zack & Wiki is that its probably the one Wii video game that is pretty much impossible to get ported to any other console, ever.

I think Capcom sold copies on their website years after launch, or something like that. Maybe a reprint.

• 1 month later...

Visited a friend who lives way over in the next county, and we hanged out around his town, drank a bit, ate a bit. And he showed me this decent independent video game shop to just look around.

Obviously, almost anything that's good was expensive. But I did find Zack & Wiki for $15, which is the same rate its selling on ebay. And I also found Pursuit Force (PSP) for $11, no case.

I bought those two.

I think the other old game that I need to find is the PS2 version of NFS Hot Pursuit 2, since that one is vastly unique and better than the other platform versions.

I played a shitload of NFS Underground on the Gamecube, but I also don't know if the PS2 version was also different. I remember seeing video of Underground or Underground 2 on the PS2 have some unique blurring effects when drifting or boosting.